Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 88 Florida 79

Featured Replies

Currently:

 

Poythress

Willis

Lee

Hawkins

Ulis

Murray

Skal

Matthews

Briscoe

Humphries

Waynard

 

That's 11.

 

They have 5, most likely 6 newcomers. That puts them at 17. Poythress is gone, so that's 16. So they need 3 to leave if Bolden comes, 2 if not.

 

Did you forget Mulder, or is he not on scholarship?

 

Is Bolden the #1 center?

 

:lol2: I knew I'd forget someone. So they need 3 or 4 depending on whether Bolden comes or not.

 

Yeah, he's the top ranked center.

 

 

It's going to get tight on scholarships but Cal knows what he is doing. He has never been one to run anyone off while at UK (other than Dodson and Poole who left on his own) and I cannot see him starting now. However, he may have to do something to get everybody in.

 

Like you guys said they will have 5-6 guys coming in with only Poythress graduating and Murray the only real lock to declare.

 

I've thought about this a lot, probably way more than I should. I actually proposed this dilemma in one of the recruiting threads. But the way I have it figured out is Poythress and Murray are two. Ulis likely makes three. I have been counting Floreal because he is on scholarship but he was originally a walk on and his dad is track coach so I could see them using his scholarship. So that leaves us with Lee, Skal, and Briscoe. None of the three are guaranteed to go pro. My logic is Cal may try to find another home for Mulder if it comes down to it. Came in from JUCO ranks, may be able to transfer back out and play right away D-II or D-III, or could possibly graduate and transfer as a grad transfer and play D-I without having to sit out. Could get tricky, but if Lee, Skal, and Briscoe stay they're going to have to get creative. However, if 1 or 2 of those leave then they should be golden (with a really nice team I might add).

  • Replies 47
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking down the road a bit...If Kentucky wins Saturday, and wins the SEC tournament, what is their ceiling seed-wise?

 

I think if they win out, they'll end up no worse than a 4, but my guess is a 3 seed.

 

My guess is 3. However, I would rather be a 4 in the South/Midwest over a 3 in the West.

Briscoe going pro, good luck. Island of misfit toys , a shooting guard that can't shoot. Love watching him attack though.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.