Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mr. Basketball????

Featured Replies

Anyone heard who the finalists are for Mr. Basketball?

If Mason Faulkner is the KABC POY for the 5th Region does that mean Quentin Goodin is ineligible for Mr. Basketball now or can he still be voted Mr. Basketball?

If I'm not mistaken he is eligible as well. My question is if Faulkner won the 5th Region POTY, how can Goodin win Mr Basketball over him? Personally I think Carson Williams is the favorite but you never know how the votes will shake out with these things

If I'm not mistaken he is eligible as well. My question is if Faulkner won the 5th Region POTY, how can Goodin win Mr Basketball over him? Personally I think Carson Williams is the favorite but you never know how the votes will shake out with these things

 

Okay. I was thinking the only people eligible for Mr. Basketball was the KABC Regional POY but I could be wrong.

I think PP92 was right about only KABC POY being eligible for mr. Basketball. Could be wrong but that's how I've understood it. Matlock from Hopkinsville wasn't eligible last year because David Simmons won region POY. I think that's what happened.

I think PP92 was right about only KABC POY being eligible for mr. Basketball. Could be wrong but that's how I've understood it. Matlock from Hopkinsville wasn't eligible last year because David Simmons won region POY. I think that's what happened.

 

Seems like that was the reasoning behind Spalding, Perry and Sutton being Co-POYs in the 7th last year and Drew McDonald and James Bolden being Co-POYs in the 9th. They were all eligible for Mr. Basketball.

I'm pretty sure Faulkner and Goodin are co-players of the year in the KABC vote but I could be wrong.

I'm pretty sure Faulkner and Goodin are co-players of the year in the KABC vote but I could be wrong.

 

I'd honestly be shocked if they weren't co-players of the year. I'm thinking the KABC winners should be announced this week. All I saw about Mason Faulkner's recent award was that it was a coaches vote but it didn't have the KABC stamp on it.

  • Author

All of this can sometimes be a mess... Does anyone know when the actual Mr. Basketball voting window is?

All of this can sometimes be a mess... Does anyone know when the actual Mr. Basketball voting window is?

 

I believe the ceremony/dinner is right before the Sweet 16 starts. I'm not sure of the voting window.

Best I can find is the article by Fields and Justice won it last year on Mar 17th. The year before was Snider on Mar 18th.

Best I can find is the article by Fields and Justice won it last year on Mar 17th. The year before was Snider on Mar 18th.

 

This year it will be the 14th or 15th when it is announced then.

KABC POY's and/or CoPOY's are eligible for Mr. Basketball as dictated by the KY Lions Eye Foundation. The KABC will release their winners of boys' and girls' POY's and COY's this Friday, February 19th. The ballots will be sent out and are due in by the following Friday, February 26th. The banquet will be held the Tuesday before the boys' state tournament.

 

Last season was the first year for doing Mr. and Miss basketball in this manner. The year Snyder won the award there were 7 finalist as voted on by during the course of the year. That year was the first year in a while Mr. Basketball was announced before the state tournament.

 

This year and last year, Mr. Basketball will have been voted on before regional tournaments have been played across the state.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.