Augusta 77 St. Patrick 44

Augusta to me is the hottest team in the 10th. They have 3 players that can easily get 20 each night. If I'm not mistaken those 3 have started at least 3 maybe 4 years in a row. They have been a part of winning teams since. That's good no matter where you are. Plus they have good role players.

I was at the game last week. St Pat played pitiful. Why? Maybe they didn't want to show them stuff. I don't know. But they played them pretty tough in the previous games based on the scores. I didn't go to those games. I am betting the district game will be a 10 point game or less. It is hard to beat a team 3 let alone 4 times.

And just for the record. I apologized to sportsaholicmamaw in a private message and told her I wouldn't do that again.

And just for the record, I did not get that message but I accept the apology in the name of all St. Patrick Players, all of their coaches and myself, they are a great group of young people and the pipeline looks good for the future. It's not the size of the team in the game, but the size of the dream in the team. At this age of my life it's not the destination that counts, it's the fun of the trip getting there. And I want these young people to have fun and enjoy it. As long as they don't neglect their education.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You didn't. Someone joined today and posted a pretty nasty remark to the coach. But it was removed. Pretty low blow to the coach of that team. Heck I'm rooting for St Pat. Word around the region is that the coach is doing a heck of a job. Someone posted that he is a combat veteran. Thanks for his service number 1. Number 2 Im sure he is intense and a winner. Good luck St. Pat.

Servicemen rate highly in my family, Marines, Navy, several nephews have served in Afghanistan and Iraq and my eldest brother was a retired Sargent Major in the Army. Believe it or not , two of his men were Pete Rose and Johnny Bench and he respected them both. So let's agree to treat young people with respect, they deserve it. And if I haven't already, I'll make it a point to thank Coach Taylor for his service also, the next time I see him.