February 9, 201610 yr Can anyone make sense of SEC scheduling? For example, why does Kentucky have to make a trip to Texas A&M for the second straight year? Don't they rotate the teams they only play once a year on a home and away rotation?
February 9, 201610 yr With 14 teams it makes it tough to work out. I think Missouri came to Rupp two years in a row.
February 9, 201610 yr Author With 14 teams it makes it tough to work out. I think Missouri came to Rupp two years in a row. What's so tough about it? Seems pretty simple to me.
February 9, 201610 yr There was a 2 year rotation the first 2 years after the East West divide went away. They realigned schedules this year I believe...will be back on rotation going forward I think.
February 9, 201610 yr There was a 2 year rotation the first 2 years after the East West divide went away. They realigned schedules this year I believe...will be back on rotation going forward I think. Correct. For the first two years each school had one guaranteed two-game opponent. (UK's was Florida). The other two-game opponents were on a rotation. After some complaints, the SEC moved to each school having four guaranteed two-game opponents. (UK's are Florida, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, and Missouri).
February 9, 201610 yr What's so tough about it? Seems pretty simple to me. Tough because you can't make everyone happy.
February 9, 201610 yr Author Correct. For the first two years each school had one guaranteed two-game opponent. (UK's was Florida). The other two-game opponents were on a rotation. After some complaints, the SEC moved to each school having four guaranteed two-game opponents. (UK's are Florida, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, and Missouri). So they have 4 guaranteed two game opponents each year, and one rotating two game opponent, and then play the other 8 schools once?
February 9, 201610 yr So they have 4 guaranteed two game opponents each year, and one rotating two game opponent, and then play the other 8 schools once? I think that is how it works now.
February 9, 201610 yr Correct. For the first two years each school had one guaranteed two-game opponent. (UK's was Florida). The other two-game opponents were on a rotation. After some complaints, the SEC moved to each school having four guaranteed two-game opponents. (UK's are Florida, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, and Missouri). UK doesn't play Missouri twice this year. LSU twice plus the other three.
February 9, 201610 yr UK doesn't play Missouri twice this year. LSU twice plus the other three. Thanks. I guess they went with three permanent opponents, not four. My mistake.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.