Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

#7 Xavier at #10 Providence Thoughts / Predictions

Featured Replies

Big one tonight in the Big East as Xavier travels to the Dunk to play the Friars, fresh off Providence's win at Villanova this weekend. Providence not only has the best player in the league (Kris Dunn), but they also have the other favorite (with XU's James Farr) for the Big East's Most Improved Player (Bentil). Obviously, any time you have two Top 10 teams going at it the game will be good, and I expect this one to live up to the hype, but I can't imagine Xavier pulling this one out on the road. Dunn will get wherever he wants with the ball, you'll see a LOT of Xavier's 1-3-1 defense, and unless the Friars really struggle from the arc, I think they win this one.

 

As an aside, I was SHOCKED this morning when I saw the line for tonight was XU -1. I would have missed that one.

 

I like Providence to win tonight 77-71, or something in that vicinity. Unfortunately.

Xavier wins it 73-68.

 

Providence has had a whirlwind last 72 hours with their game on Saturday against Nova pushed back to Sunday. Then on Sunday going to overtime to hand the Wildcats their first conference loss. I expect Providence to be a little spent and have a bit of a letdown after the energy they expended to upset the #4 team in the country. JMO, but a more perfect set of circumstances couldn't have happened leading up to this game for X.

Love your optimism and your train of thought...I certainly hope you're right.

 

I won't be the least bit surprised if Providence runs them. I just think if ever the situation was right to go onto a top 10 team's home court and pull out a victory, this is it. Also think the home loss to Georgetown last week may have woke them up a bit. :idunno:

If X can win this game on the Friars home court, it would be HUGE for their post season seeding portfolio.

I would expect the Friars to bounce in this one after the emotional win at Villanova.

Providence 73-70.

I hate picking against X because they are the only local team I root for. But with Providence riding high after the Nova win, I like Providence 81-71

I think X pulls this one out by 4.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.