Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rules Question

Featured Replies

If the replay official would have overturned the call on the field when Denver challenged that the NE receiver had possession and then fumbled the ball, could the Patriots then challenge that his knee was down(which it was) before he fumbled, which would have given them a first and goal? I was hoping they would overturn that call and rule if a catch and fumble just to see what would have happened.

I thought when a play is opened for review by challenge the entire play is up for review. So this situation in question should have been reviewed to see if was a completed AND down by contact as well.

 

I saw same thing and tought the challenge may bite Denver if the above is correct.

If the replay official would have overturned the call on the field when Denver challenged that the NE receiver had possession and then fumbled the ball, could the Patriots then challenge that his knee was down(which it was) before he fumbled, which would have given them a first and goal? I was hoping they would overturn that call and rule if a catch and fumble just to see what would have happened.

 

I thought when a play is opened for review by challenge the entire play is up for review. So this situation in question should have been reviewed to see if was a completed AND down by contact as well.

 

I saw same thing and tought the challenge may bite Denver if the above is correct.

 

Bluegrasscard is correct, when a play is reviewed then the whole play is up for review. So they wouldn't only be looking for the thing that was asked to be reviewed and then ignore the rest if something was wrong.

If the replay official would have overturned the call on the field when Denver challenged that the NE receiver had possession and then fumbled the ball, could the Patriots then challenge that his knee was down(which it was) before he fumbled, which would have given them a first and goal? I was hoping they would overturn that call and rule if a catch and fumble just to see what would have happened.

 

I thought it was a stupid challenge for that very reason...if it was ruled a catch then they would have to have ruled he was down before fumbling also. I thought that challenge was going to save the Patriots and Kubiak was going to look like a fool.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.