Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Campbell at Highlands 1/12

Featured Replies

I have to go with the birds in a low scoring game. Excited to see what the Birds do with Wilson.

Highlands by 4. Get all over the big man play him physical deny him the ball. They can do it, just like holy Cross and others have. When Wilson doesn't get enough touches, camels don't score nearly as well. Just a thought

Highlands by 4. Get all over the big man play him physical deny him the ball. They can do it, just like holy Cross and others have. When Wilson doesn't get enough touches, camels don't score nearly as well. Just a thought

Where does your Camel hating come from. Just curious.

 

Camels win a close one by 5.

Game is on for tonight.

Just so I understand ....Highlands by 4 is "Camel Hating "? He's right .....Wilson is a player and a great kid (man)...but he only took 5 shots against Brossart ... not nearly enough for a guy who could dominate just about every game he's in ....

 

Campbell County has far more talent than Highlands and should win by 12-15

Where does your Camel hating come from. Just curious.

 

Camels win a close one by 5.

 

I never said anything in this post negative about the camels. Even said at the end it was just my thought. The person who started the thread asked who you would pick to win and why. I answered....

Highlands by 4. Get all over the big man play him physical deny him the ball. They can do it, just like holy Cross and others have. When Wilson doesn't get enough touches, camels don't score nearly as well. Just a thought

 

I'd pound it inside to Wilson. Finrock is very aggressive which leads me to believe the Camels can get him in foul trouble.

I'd pound it inside to Wilson. Finrock is very aggressive which leads me to believe the Camels can get him in foul trouble.

 

Would agree one hundred percent. Truly believe that would be the way to go almost all the time with a guy that big and talented.

I'd pound it inside to Wilson. Finrock is very aggressive which leads me to believe the Camels can get him in foul trouble.

 

And there it is. The officials edict about the "bully-Birds".

 

Serious question now since you are an official. It would appear that you have a pre-conceived notion of Finfrock being overly aggressive. Can you define for me what you mean by his being very aggressive? Based on your response I will have some follow up questions for you.

And there it is. The officials edict about the "bully-Birds".

 

Serious question now since you are an official. It would appear that you have a pre-conceived notion of Finfrock being overly aggressive. Can you define for me what you mean by his being very aggressive? Based on your response I will have some follow up questions for you.

 

 

To be clear I am no longer a 9th official.

 

 

Is it pre-conceived if I have watched him?

To be clear I am no longer a 9th official.

 

 

Is it pre-conceived if I have watched him?

 

Thought you were still calling games at the middle school level. How many times have you watched him play and what is your definition of "very aggressive"?

Thought you were still calling games at the middle school level. How many times have you watched him play and what is your definition of "very aggressive"?

 

Middle school, yes.

 

He gets his money's worth on his fouls and appears to be "ready to go" at the drop of a hat. I think a physical player could cause him to get in foul trouble due to that. He sees it as a personal thing.

 

That's what I saw against Brossart.

Middle school, yes.

 

He gets his money's worth on his fouls and appears to be "ready to go" at the drop of a hat. I think a physical player could cause him to get in foul trouble due to that. He sees it as a personal thing.

 

That's what I saw against Brossart.

 

IMO, nothing wrong with getting your money's worth on a foul especially around the basket. A pretty good coach once told me that there are no "and 1's" near the basket.

 

Now my question to you, if Wilson or any other big man is physical like you say, does the opposite not hold that perhaps they should be whistled? This has been my argument for most of the year. I have witnessed Finfrock and Hebel both take a lot of body contact on shots around the basket with no call and then when something similar happens at the other end, the whistle blows. I have also heard it said by several officials to the Highlands kids that this is not football.

 

So where does the line get drawn with what is "good" aggressive play and what is "bad" aggressive play? It would appear to be a very fine line that is not being viewed consistently.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.