Southwestern 82 Lafayette 76

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pp92,

It's been a year, soooo how does SW and Mercer match up against each other?

Mercer looked cool as a cucumber this week at Montgomery. They played from behind and played with big leads.

Thoughts?

Looking at it objectively, Mercer beat SW in region last year. SW lost 2 starters in Isaacs and Gaskin and sometime starter Cromer. Mercer returned all starters plus picked up transfer Dylan James. On paper, advantage Mercer.

If it were a best of 5 series, I'd pick Mercer with confidence. BUT, the way Southwest shoots the three, they can beat anyone in the state when they're hot. I think they've recently shown that they're a top 15 team and headed in the right direction.

Pp92,

It's been a year, soooo how does SW and Mercer match up against each other?

Mercer looked cool as a cucumber this week at Montgomery. They played from behind and played with big leads.

Thoughts?

I think Mercer County has a big edge in the paint against Southwestern and I think Southwestern has a very very slight edge in the backcourt and when I say very very slight I mean it. I think we are looking at the two top backcourts in the region. I think Mercer County is deeper than Souhwestern and that too is saying something as Southwestern is fairly deep as well. I expect it to be an up and down fast tempo game when they meet and lately Mercer County has had Southwestern's number. It will be an exciting game for sure.

I think Mercer County has a big edge in the paint against Southwestern and I think Southwestern has a very very slight edge in the backcourt and when I say very very slight I mean it. I think we are looking at the two top backcourts in the region. I think Mercer County is deeper than Souhwestern and that too is saying something as Southwestern is fairly deep as well. I expect it to be an up and down fast tempo game when they meet and lately Mercer County has had Southwestern's number. It will be an exciting game for sure.

What constitutes your backcourt? Seems like I remember you saying the 1, 2 & 3 in the past. Is that your backcourt? Or is it just the 1 & 2?

Technically, a backcourt is a team's guards. I think of a backcourt as the PG & SG. Mercer actually starts 2 guards and Southwest starts 3, maybe 4 players that are truly guards.