Top returning freshman KY High School softball. Class of 2019

Took a stab at a look at some of the top freshman in high School softball in Kentucky this year. Please feel free to add to it. These are girls I've seen play in the summer and for their High school teams.

1. Brianda Owens- Clay County. Was their #1 as an 8th grader. Also one of their better hitters.

2. Emmy Blane- IF/C Christian County. Solid defensive and offensive player. Member of Southern Force National Champion team.

3. Rachel Gabbard-IF Highlands. One of the top kids her age in Northern KY. Versatile player that will carry a big load for the Bluebirds.

4. Kasey Goedde-one of the reasons Central Hardin will be favorite in their region. Posted a great record last year as an 8th grader and that only looks to improve as she clearly is the #1 for the Bruins going into the season.

5. Payton Beger-another versatile utility player that can play multiple positions for her team.

6.Elizabeth Ivers-C/OF Shelby County. Big kid that runs above average for her size. Has demonstrated power but needs to get more consistent behind the plate and at the plate.

7. Madison McCoy-SS Male. Did not play a lot for the Bulldogs in 2015 but Bloomer will find a way to get her some more in 2015. Kid has good skills at the plate and is getting better defensively.

8.Loren Simpson-UT Christian Academy. really has a good swing from the left side of the plate. was a solid run producer for the Centurions and really found a home at 3rd base in 2015. can play multiple positions.

9. Allyson Long-1B Collins Power hitting 1st Baseman that will benefit from a short porch at Collins stadium. Kid needs to get more consistent but has potential for huge power numbers.

10. Carson Murray- P/UT Collins. Will be called upon to pitch and hit big in order for the Titans to challenge Anderson Co. in the 8th. Solid hitter with big frame

11. Emily Stanley-Owensboro. Another big kid that showed large power potential on the summer circuit.

12. Ashton Dowdy-IF Assumption. Comes over to assumption as a starter last year at North Oldham. versatile infielder that continues to improve at the plate.

13. Emily Cole-P/IF Spencer Co.-will be looked at to carry a big load on the mound. had a nice year in 2015, hitting over 430 as an 8th grader

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Courtney Patterson-P/IF Madisonville North-will have big shoes to step into on the mound & batting lineup replacing Heather Webb for North. Has gotten lot of Varsity mound time the past 2 years ncluding a win in 2014 KHSAA state tournament. She plays for Tennessee Illusion travelball. She will play big role in Norths success this year.

Bailey Conley-P/SS Harrison County As an 8th grader Bailey had a .441 batting average while also going 9-4 in the pitching circle as Harrison County ace. She plays for Kentucky Softball Club. I have watched this young lady all summer and fall, she is improving every day. Already attracting a lot of college interest.

Madison Polly-CF Harrison County Transfer from Scott County. One of the best outfielders for her age I have seen in a long time. She catches everything. Madison is a good hitter and is working on slapping due to her speed. Plays on a travel team that has strong ties with EKU. Also improving every day.

• 2 weeks later...

Good choice with Brianda. I coached her for three years in travel ball. Stud hitter and stud pitcher. No way North Laurel's Becca Riley should be off this list. She's another top notch player.

That's what I was wondering. Short porch? I don't think so. And who is he to say she needs to be more consistent? That's what kills me when people hide behind fake names. They can say whatever they want and not be held accountable.

Owen Counties Bailey Young should be on this list, but didn't get to play Varsity ball last year due to the coach not letting younger players play. This kid has the best glove around both infield and outfield. Plays for one of the top travel teams around. Anxious to see if Owen Counties coach plays her this year. She should be the Rebels top player followed with another Fresman that pitches.