Ethan Snapp

I get the scoring number being down this year with other options to score, but the %'s are not very good.

I've only seen him play once this year and he is still very much a tough focused player with also having the benefit of a talented supporting cast.

My hunch for his numbers being down is that the word is out to guard him tighter, and also in the past he was an "in the zone" kind of player, but with the alternative options, and he having to be more of a team player, it doesn't always allow the chance so much for him to stay in that "in the zone" rhythm that we saw from him the last two seasons.

I don't know if I'm making much sense here, but I think that he is adjusting to not having to always be "the guy", and with that it can effect his rhythm to be "on" like we have grown to expect him to be.

In the past it wasn't too uncommon for him on every possession to be looking to create his own shot, but the team dynamics now present him more opportunity to share the ball, which is a good thing for the team, but somewhat stifling for his own shooting rhythm.

I've only seen him play once this year and he is still very much a tough focused player with also having the benefit of a talented supporting cast.

My hunch for his numbers being down is that the word is out to guard him tighter, and also in the past he was an "in the zone" kind of player, but with the alternative options, and he having to be more of a team player, it doesn't always allow the chance so much for him to stay in that "in the zone" rhythm that we saw from him the last two seasons.

I don't know if I'm making much sense here, but I think that he is adjusting to not having to always be "the guy", and with that it can effect his rhythm to be "on" like we have grown to expect him to be.

In the past it wasn't too uncommon for him on every possession to be looking to create his own shot, but the team dynamics now present him more opportunity to share the ball, which is a good thing for the team, but somewhat stifling for his own shooting rhythm.

So he can only shoot at a decent % if he shoots all the time in his rhythm? Not buying that. He should be able to be set more often and have less in his face gimmick defenses this year. Those should result in higher % shots.

Great scorer and I look for his numbers to increase.

So he can only shoot at a decent % if he shoots all the time in his rhythm? Not buying that. He should be able to be set more often and have less in his face gimmick defenses this year. Those should result in higher % shots.

Great scorer and I look for his numbers to increase.

I agree that he's a great scorer and that his numbers are likely to increase. I've been a big fan of him and have enjoyed closely following his high school career.

I can't say for sure why exactly his percentage is lower so far this year, but I was just guessing on a hunch and comparing the playing dynamics of the team this season versus what his demands as a player were in the past.

Of course multiple factors can be at play, but even in my own limited talents of shooting I know the feeling of being "in the zone" when I get the chance to get "into the flow".

In the past he was often "in the flow" out of necessity, whereas now the alternative options of the team prevent him from having the opportunity to always have the chance to be "in the zone", and "in the flow", which might effect his rhythm.

Adjusting to that as the season progresses will likely have us seeing him become more the team player as well as the fine shooter that we know that he is, making him an all around better player.

This season should offer him the chance to better increase his skills to play at the next level in college, because he certainly won't be able to play as "the guy" then.

It's hard to describe it as a science, but a shooter knows when they're "feeling it", and demonstrating that happens best when able to keep on shooting, but so far this season he'd simply be seen as a ball hog considering the strength of the team and its other various options.

These are different circumstances for him than before, and he's still growing as a player. Finding his touch with less touches is that adjustment that he is presently likely aiming to improve. Knowing his competitive tenacity and aim to improve his game, I'd say that it's highly likely that we'll see this jump in performance from him as the season progresses.

I'm not saying that I know for certain that this is what is causing his early season numbers to be lower though it's only an observational hunch, but I'm eager to hear what others might offer as a theory to the question. :idunno: