Bengals 37 Browns 3

Took care of business. No drama. Hopefully no injuries.

On to Pittsburgh...

Only one that was obvious was Shaw. He was dinged pretty hard. He will probably be in he concussion protocol at least two weeks. Only position they are really thin.

May have been others but nothing I can remember has popped up.

Browns are worst team in NFL...not even close right now...

Unfortunately, as much as it pains me, I cannot disagree. No hope in this one of doing what the Browns did last year in November to take the lead in the AFC North. Since that game, Cleveland has managed only two wins.

It is worse than I thought. Just after the first quarter began I could see that the Browns had absolutely no chance. I also began to think that Cinci coaches and players were probably thinking, let's just get through this, post the "W", and not get anyone injured.

I also will be surprised if Pettine stays around after the season. Haslam is on record saying he would not blow things up after the season (he said this in August), but how can he not after suffering through this miserable season?

Pettine's only hope this year was for the defense to take a step forward. They were pretty decent last year but had some holes--read run defense here. The hope was that another year in Pettine's system and the acquisition of a few players and they should be pretty good. The secondary was the strong suit of the defense last year. Things have fallen apart more on the defensive side of the ball than anyone could have foreseen. This is supposed to be Pettine's forte'. I don't see how he can convince Haslam that he can turn this thing around and that he isn't part of the problem. Now, if they win the next 4 games...

Hope springs eternal...

Only one that was obvious was Shaw. He was dinged pretty hard. He will probably be in he concussion protocol at least two weeks. Only position they are really thin.

May have been others but nothing I can remember has popped up.

Did they actually say it was his head? I thought it was his back that got hurt?

Unfortunately, as much as it pains me, I cannot disagree. No hope in this one of doing what the Browns did last year in November to take the lead in the AFC North. Since that game, Cleveland has managed only two wins.

It is worse than I thought. Just after the first quarter began I could see that the Browns had absolutely no chance. I also began to think that Cinci coaches and players were probably thinking, let's just get through this, post the "W", and not get anyone injured.

I also will be surprised if Pettine stays around after the season. Haslam is on record saying he would not blow things up after the season (he said this in August), but how can he not after suffering through this miserable season?

Pettine's only hope this year was for the defense to take a step forward. They were pretty decent last year but had some holes--read run defense here. The hope was that another year in Pettine's system and the acquisition of a few players and they should be pretty good. The secondary was the strong suit of the defense last year. Things have fallen apart more on the defensive side of the ball than anyone could have foreseen. This is supposed to be Pettine's forte'. I don't see how he can convince Haslam that he can turn this thing around and that he isn't part of the problem. Now, if they win the next 4 games...

Hope springs eternal...

Browns are in a scary position right now. What they need to do is what the Jags did 3 years ago. Blow it all up, get rid of everyone and start from scratch. Cut ties and just build through the draft. Start trading players for draft picks and start the rebuild. They'll be down for 2-3 years but nothing the fans arent used too. That being said, I dont see that happening because Browns...