Franklin County vs. Somerset

I think it means alot to both teams for the simple fact that it is the first game of the season and both teams have some ???? about young players and a new team.

This year Somerset is far from having a young team! Somerset has a combined number of 20+ Juniors and Seniors on the team.

Thats why we strap on the gear and go out there and play. We could lose to franklin by 20 or beat them by 20. There is no telling in football that is what makes the game so great. I think this will be a tough and physical game for both teams. Once again Somerset will be underdogs and will have to play that to there advantage. Also to reply to the topic not really a must win for us down here i mean every game is in a way. However we will lean if we lose and it will make us better.

• 3 weeks later...

Franklin Co. will no doubt be a tough obstacle to overcome. The growth of our secondary this offseason will determine a lot of things. Somerset's offense shouldn't be a concern passing or running. A loss to Franklin Co. in the season opener won't mean one thing or another for Somerset though....a top 15 team in 3A should be able to win class A fairly handily, so regardless of the outcome, I look for Somerset to have a good year.

County lost a slew of good recievers,so it will be interesting to see how the young guys step up.Ammons is as big a threat running as passing,and if Somersets pass defense is suspect then it could be a long night for them.