Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Butler @ Cincinnati Thoughts/Predictions

Who wins? 7 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Butler
      28%
    • Cincinnati
      71%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

UC (7-0) has the Butler Bulldogs (4-1) at home on Wednesday, December 2nd, at 7:00 (CBS Sports Network).

 

Who you got?

While I think Butler's PG / SG / SF are potentially as good as any trio in America, their front-court isn't nearly as strong, and I think UC will exploit that. Butler also hasn't really hit their stride yet from three, and as good as UC defends the perimeter, even as good as Lewis and Dunham are, I think as long as UC can keep them from going crazy beyond the arc, this game is a fairly comfortable win for UC.

 

Bearcats by about 10.

  • Author
While I think Butler's PG / SG / SF are potentially as good as any trio in America, their front-court isn't nearly as strong, and I think UC will exploit that. Butler also hasn't really hit their stride yet from three, and as good as UC defends the perimeter, even as good as Lewis and Dunham are, I think as long as UC can keep them from going crazy beyond the arc, this game is a fairly comfortable win for UC.

 

Bearcats by about 10.

 

Looking at what both teams have done this year so far, I'm thinking UC as well but I have no idea on the margin as I don't know which UC offense shows up. The scoring one or the grind it out one.

 

BTW, that avatar had me really confused...

Looking at what both teams have done this year so far, I'm thinking UC as well but I have no idea on the margin as I don't know which UC offense shows up. The scoring one or the grind it out one.

 

BTW, that avatar had me really confused...

I hate this avatar.

 

The UC offense is what it is, those early season scores were fool's gold. Especially against Butler who will guard you. UC's ball movement in New York was really poor.

 

All of that said, they win this game.

I hate this avatar.

 

The UC offense is what it is, those early season scores were fool's gold. Especially against Butler who will guard you. UC's ball movement in New York was really poor.

 

All of that said, they win this game.

 

Watching them in person both games, I didn't feel like the ball movement was bad...just missed open shots that they hit regularly in the prior games.

 

I did feel they passed up open looks for tougher shots, however. KJ and Cobb did that multiple times in both games.

 

One area UC should have an advantage in is depth. Bulldogs are really only 6 deep, with Martin being the primary contributor off the bench.

 

If UC doesn't settle for outside shots and attack the rim and use their size to their advantage, they win by around 10.

I thought the ball movement was a little flat against Nebraska, but that is to be expected against a Tim Miles D. Moved it well against GW for the most part, but didn't hit many of the open looks.

 

I look for UC to try and ware down Lewis and Dunham with Butler having zero depth behind them. Some attacking pressure and some passive to make them work late in the clock. Key will be keeping those two out of the lane off the bounce. The zone has struggled with penetration leading to wide open corner threes on an overload to the strong side. It does help knowing that Jones simply isn't going to shoot a three no matter how open he is...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.