Lowest seeded team remaining in all levels.

All Tell

I hear you.

I wish we would go back to dividing Louisville 6A up as fair as possible and put half the Ville teams in the East and half the Ville teams in the West.

The other 6A schools in KY would either have to quit playing football or get better, no excuses.

But I agree with the sentiment. Seneca being in the playoffs this year should be considered an embarassment to the KHSAA. I feel bad for those kids but that 1st round playoff game was a waste of everyone's time.

Agreed. Why chance getting players hurt in games that are nearly predetermined? Of course the KHSAA would lose some gate money and the bleeding hearts will cry because we are not handing out playoff "participation trophies"...so, there's that to consider.
I agree that our football classification is watered down, and 6 classes are too many.

What a lot of us sometimes fail to remember is it is the voting member schools who have historically voted to keep the playoffs the same format, not the KHSAA. If there is blame to go around, let it lay at the feet of the member schools (coaches and AD's).

The KHSAA wouldn't lose any money at all with a reduction in the number of games in our playoff structure. The schools playing split the money in the first 4 rounds, the KHSAA only gets gate money from the finals.

But I agree with the sentiment. Seneca being in the playoffs this year should be considered an embarassment to the KHSAA. I feel bad for those kids but that 1st round playoff game was a waste of everyone's time.

Part of the trickle down effect of too many classes, too many districts, and too many teams making the playoffs. Boone County went through the same thing.

Agree with Toots, this is a member school issue.