Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lexington All-Star Game???

Featured Replies

I have seen threads about a NKY, EKY, North/South All-star games. Why is Lexington not included in any area for an all-star game. Or why do they not have one of their own?

I have seen threads about a NKY, EKY, North/South All-star games. Why is Lexington not included in any area for an all-star game. Or why do they not have one of their own?

 

 

Not enough schools playing football. Only 6 schools have football teams. We're only included in KY-TN all-star. Think there should be a central ky all-star game, but that's only my opinion.

  • Author

The North/South games includes all of the counties that surround Fayette County, but does not include Fayette County. Is there a method to this madness?

Maybe it's being boycotted

:lol: :lol: :lol: Probably true as rediculous as it sounds.

  • Author

Why don't we get rid of all the little all-star games and have one like TN? The East All-Stars vs. the West All-Stars. Or still do the local all-star games and have an east-west game. That makes is a little more prestigious to be named to these teams. I know in NKY, that almost all of the seniors get asked unless you are on a senior dominated team (I think that you can only nominate 5 players).

Why don't we get rid of all the little all-star games and have one like TN? The East All-Stars vs. the West All-Stars. Or still do the local all-star games and have an east-west game. That makes is a little more prestigious to be named to these teams. I know in NKY, that almost all of the seniors get asked unless you are on a senior dominated team (I think that you can only nominate 5 players).

 

 

For the NE Ky East/West game each school nominated 3 players. But, we have a lot of small schools in this area. I think the state wide game idea sounds like fun.

Come up with a sponsor(s) for the game and it would be no problem. Although you would have to come up with some serious money for a great number of things, including a place to stay and meals for a week for two teams. I think the reason they do not have one is because of this factor.

Come up with a sponsor(s) for the game and it would be no problem. Although you would have to come up with some serious money for a great number of things, including a place to stay and meals for a week for two teams. I think the reason they do not have one is because of this factor.

 

I agree. I think they should do this before KY-TN and choose not only on performance during the season, but during that game and practices before also.

  • Author

I guess that is why it has not been done yet. No one to step up and take the initiative to do it. I would think that you could get a lot of the sponsors for the smaller all-star games to join in on the big one. And especially if it is televised.

There used to be a state wide East West All Star game. Don't think it fared well economically. I believe it went by the wayside when the Ky Tenn game started, or it may have been gone even before then. I met a lot of players in the East West game when I played in it, one of whom eventually ended up saving my life or at a minimum saved me from a serious injury. Glad it was around when I played!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.