Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Notre Dame Academy 3 St. Henry 0 (Region 9 Semi-final)

Featured Replies

Exhibit A - I was told by a parent from Cooper that their coach told them they all need to play club if they want to make varsity next season, and they all need to play at Crush. Nowhere else.

 

And No, neither I, nor the parent who told me this are trying to be funny. The coach actually said she wants them all to play at Crush and nowhere else.

 

Funny you mention this, I work with a dad whose daughter played for Cooper, but has graduated, and he told me the EXACT SAME THING. :eek: I found it strange since his daughter also played softball, and at the time the Michelle was also the softball coach. BTW, this guys daughter gave up softball because of this.....so the father says. :idunno:

 

I've known Michelle since she was the softball coach, and have never had a problem with her. Always enjoy chatting with her when ever we see each other.

Again, hog wash...I don't know about Crush but NKYVC, NKJV, Elevation and any other club worth their salt all do invites at 15's and older and don't even have tryouts. It's a little late for the coach to try to tell them where to play and the coach knows this. I know 6 varsity players from Coooer who are committed to clubs since July.

 

Again...this is another example of parents trying to cause trouble for a coach who basically volunteers her time. Get over yourselves and let the kids play the game.

 

I'm not sure if your hogwash statement, is for my repeating what a parent in the program told me, or towards the coach for saying it.

 

If it's toward me.... I say you might want to talk to those 6 club players you mentioned before you pound your chest any harder.

  • Author

Club has many levels. Don't expect miracles playing for a tiny local club in regional tournaments at low levels against minimal competition.

I'm not sure if your hogwash statement, is for my repeating what a parent in the program told me, or towards the coach for saying it.

 

If it's toward me.... I say you might want to talk to those 6 club players you mentioned before you pound your chest any harder.

 

Neither you nor the coach. It was directed at Parents for spreading this nonsense.

 

Play club - I guess she can say that. As a coach I wouldn't say that, just cut them next season if they aren't good enough. But she has the right to say it. It's her program.

 

But to say they have to play for Crush is just not true. I don't need to check with the 6 I know because I know the clubs they are playing for and the clubs won't give them releases because the high school coach said they had to play at a certain place. Club is a business and they signed contracts in July, you can't just walk away from those. The region and USA/JVA won't allow it.

Neither you nor the coach. It was directed at Parents for spreading this nonsense.

 

Play club - I guess she can say that. As a coach I wouldn't say that, just cut them next season if they aren't good enough. But she has the right to say it. It's her program.

 

But to say they have to play for Crush is just not true. I don't need to check with the 6 I know because I know the clubs they are playing for and the clubs won't give them releases because the high school coach said they had to play at a certain place. Club is a business and they signed contracts in July, you can't just walk away from those. The region and USA/JVA won't allow it.

Again, I realize where the kids play.... but the coach said it according to several that spoke to me. That was just one example of issues the parents have had with the coach, which is why I labeled it exhibit A. It makes no sense for a coach to say that, I agree. They have gone to the administration and thus far the administration has turned a blind eye/ear to their complaints.

 

Regardless of what you believe the kids need to be commended for making it to the regional final, which was the intention of my initial post. I'd really rather not be the voice of discontent about another program, especially one that is so successful, but if you've notice the lack of defenders to my statements so far from the Cooper volleyball program I think that shouts (not speaks) volumes. There are plenty of Cooper supporters on this forum.

I was going to stay out of all of this and not comment since I don't have any players in this fight, but I too am friends with a Cooper parent who has shared some info..which to be fair I originally dismissed because I thought it was crazy! But here is a snapshot of what I was told...do with it what you will but don't shoot the messenger!

 

1) head coach sleeps on the sidelines during practice, grades papers and does not participate or run drills

2) coaches actually HATE club ball and think it's a waste of money and it only teaches bad habits - NKYVC is the worst in their opinion and told Katie Smith not to wear her NKYVC practice shirt in their gym ever again

3) they don't condition or have drills at practice - only play games and scrimmage

4) a couple girls got hurt and they told them not to go to their dr but sent them to a trainer

5) tell the girls not to tell their parents what they talk about in the locker room and only have closed practices. From what I was told they scream and tell at the girls a lot - telling an individual that they lost the game for the team and even had all the girls tell one specific player what she DID WRONG during a match and why they lost. That's creative team building!!

6)not one original player from class of 2016 remains on the team - they all quit because of the coaches. I think there are are 2 transfer seniors still playing though

7) supposedly, players aren't allowed to ask Jenna Schreiver any questions or approach her. She isn't allowed to coach them and only shags balls during varsity practice. This is sad cause setting is a huge concern for this team and wasn't she like an All-American setter in college?

 

I could go on....but will stop and let you all discuss amongst yourselves!!

I'm not sure that Schreiver was an All-American but I know she set for NKU back when they were D2. She certainly would have experience to help the high school setters.

I was going to stay out of all of this and not comment since I don't have any players in this fight, but I too am friends with a Cooper parent who has shared some info..which to be fair I originally dismissed because I thought it was crazy! But here is a snapshot of what I was told...do with it what you will but don't shoot the messenger!

 

1) head coach sleeps on the sidelines during practice, grades papers and does not participate or run drills

2) coaches actually HATE club ball and think it's a waste of money and it only teaches bad habits - NKYVC is the worst in their opinion and told Katie Smith not to wear her NKYVC practice shirt in their gym ever again

3) they don't condition or have drills at practice - only play games and scrimmage

4) a couple girls got hurt and they told them not to go to their dr but sent them to a trainer

5) tell the girls not to tell their parents what they talk about in the locker room and only have closed practices. From what I was told they scream and tell at the girls a lot - telling an individual that they lost the game for the team and even had all the girls tell one specific player what she DID WRONG during a match and why they lost. That's creative team building!!

6)not one original player from class of 2016 remains on the team - they all quit because of the coaches. I think there are are 2 transfer seniors still playing though

7) supposedly, players aren't allowed to ask Jenna Schreiver any questions or approach her. She isn't allowed to coach them and only shags balls during varsity practice. This is sad cause setting is a huge concern for this team and wasn't she like an All-American setter in college?

 

I could go on....but will stop and let you all discuss amongst yourselves!!

 

Very sad but this is all true. I just hope the administration does something. Just think of the potential that team has. With good coaching, they could go places next year.

I was going to stay out of all of this and not comment since I don't have any players in this fight, but I too am friends with a Cooper parent who has shared some info..which to be fair I originally dismissed because I thought it was crazy! But here is a snapshot of what I was told...do with it what you will but don't shoot the messenger!

 

1) head coach sleeps on the sidelines during practice, grades papers and does not participate or run drills

!

 

No way a coach SLEEPS on the sidelines.

No way a coach SLEEPS on the sidelines.

LOL , you say that as if it changes anything. Evidently some coaches do.

  • Author
I was going to stay out of all of this and not comment since I don't have any players in this fight, but I too am friends with a Cooper parent who has shared some info..which to be fair I originally dismissed because I thought it was crazy! But here is a snapshot of what I was told...do with it what you will but don't shoot the messenger!

 

1) head coach sleeps on the sidelines during practice, grades papers and does not participate or run drills

2) coaches actually HATE club ball and think it's a waste of money and it only teaches bad habits - NKYVC is the worst in their opinion and told Katie Smith not to wear her NKYVC practice shirt in their gym ever again

3) they don't condition or have drills at practice - only play games and scrimmage

4) a couple girls got hurt and they told them not to go to their dr but sent them to a trainer

5) tell the girls not to tell their parents what they talk about in the locker room and only have closed practices. From what I was told they scream and tell at the girls a lot - telling an individual that they lost the game for the team and even had all the girls tell one specific player what she DID WRONG during a match and why they lost. That's creative team building!!

6)not one original player from class of 2016 remains on the team - they all quit because of the coaches. I think there are are 2 transfer seniors still playing though

7) supposedly, players aren't allowed to ask Jenna Schreiver any questions or approach her. She isn't allowed to coach them and only shags balls during varsity practice. This is sad cause setting is a huge concern for this team and wasn't she like an All-American setter in college?

 

I could go on....but will stop and let you all discuss amongst yourselves!!

 

I have a hard time believing all of this is going on at once

I have a hard time believing all of this is going on at once

 

I would too. I suggest you speak with folks in the program if you want to discredit any of it. I think I've counted four separate voices who have spoken to the truth of this subject alone.

No way a coach SLEEPS on the sidelines.

 

Hell I've seen coaches nodding off, texting and eating during games. This was in club mind you and those coaches didn't last long. Parents dollars do sometimes speak.

Enough already!! Next?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.