NDA v Brossart Game location?

ed2

Be advised the KH$AA dictates that there is a $10 admission charge.

We had every intention of broadcasting this game (as best we could) live to provide a service to the fans and general interest folks who might not wish to pay the $10 stipend, or wish to sit in the rain.

However, the KH$AA has intervened and since they are the "owners" of this State Tournament Sectional Playoff Game and we are not part of their monopolized NFHS broadcast network, we are not permitted to do the game.

We had every intention of broadcasting this game (as best we could) live to provide a service to the fans and general interest folks who might not wish to pay the $10 stipend, or wish to sit in the rain.

However, the KH$AA has intervened and since they are the "owners" of this State Tournament Sectional Playoff Game and we are not part of their monopolized NFHS broadcast network, we are not permitted to do the game.

Does that mean I'm not allowed to Tweet, text, Instagram, post photos on Facebook, Periscope, Vine or call my Grandma with updates, etc? Your website is on the PUBLIC internet, right? jeez

I suggest you sit up on the hill with a generator and tell the world what's going on, KHSAA be damned!

I bet that far parking lot is full tonight!

You could have broadcast for a fee

TEAM BROADCASTS

 By paying the requisite fee, each school qualifying for a KHSAA State Championship event may designate one

(1) radio station or website to originate an AUDIO-only broadcast of each game its affiliated school

participates in.

 An official representative of the participating school shall designate to the KHSAA which station/website will

be permitted to broadcast its game using the online system (http://khsaa.org/school-radio-stationdesignation-form/).

 The radio station/website shall then apply for championship credentials through the KHSAA’s online

credentialing system (Media Credentials | Kentucky High School Athletic Association).

 Originating stations/websites will be subject to a media rights fee, which will be outlined through the online

credentialing system.

^^We have done this in the past.

In 2012, when our baseball team went deep into the KH$AA Baseball playoffs at Whitaker Bank Park, we ponied up the required $250 to broadcast our game/games. CovCath has also done so each time their basketball team has played in the "Sweet 16" state tournament.:

Originally, when it was thought that this event was going to be at NKU, we (BB Broadcasting Team) commited to doing the game. When it switched to Tower Park, my recollection was that they only had an announcers stand, which housed the timer and the announcer, so we called off the broadcast.

Earlier today Adam Franzen our AD, said that he had checked with the Highlands folks and that major improvements had been made since I was last there, and that there was an area above the concession stand which would accomodate us and that due to high interest in the game, he would appreciate if we would broadcast the game. - We were back on.

Two hours later my phone rang again, and Adam said that he had been notified by the KH$AA that we were not authorized to broadcast the game since we were not members of the KH$AA monopolized "National Federation of High Schools" network, which is a pay-to-listen plan that the KH$AA has bought into, after shelving I-High.

I apologize that we were unable to carry the game. God knows we tried.

I hear there is a parking lot for us cheapskates that want to watch from the car. Something about the far side of the field where the buses park?

Someone put up tarps or screens blocking the view from that far lot!