Owensboro 20 Graves County 19

Wow I completely underestimated graves. Great game plan to take all the play clock each play, but that only works if you can move the ball and Graves did most of the night. OHS blended but only gave up 3 points in 2nd half. I think OHS only had 7 possessions on game most ended in graves territory. OHS with a great defensive series at the end. after Dixon had 2 huge runs. Stop for loss, huge sack. Board was huge for OHS a man. Grant was great for GC as well as Dixon.

I'll guess Board had 175-200 yds rushing. Good luck to Graves. Both teams missed some opportunities to score.

Graves did everything they could do to give themselves a chance to win. It seemed like the converted several 3rd downs some long. Just great play after great play. Board took over at RB due to the limited possession I guess. I feel for graves been on that side of a close game. But if they play like that they can be in a position to win in the playoffs.

Graves played great..looking forward to traveling to greenwood to start the playoffs..graves found out tonight that they can hang with the #2 team in 5a..great confidence boost..look out..the train is fixing to run..u heard it first here..Dixon had 36 carries for 198 yrd..mathis was 17-25 passing for 163 yrd & 2 touchdowns 0 interceptions.grant had 7 catches for 84 yrd for graves. These are stats proved by graves on the post game radio show!

1st half graves 16-7

2nd half OHS 13-3

I thought OHS, besides the fumble driving looked the better team in the 2nd half, graves in 1st. Again great job using all the clock all game. I think they wanted to keep OHS off field as much as possible, again great game plan I thought OHS defense won the game stopping that last series. They bent but didn't give up a lot of points. Same for Graves.

As a true eagle fan I will give credit where credit is due..owensboro has a very very solid football team..their back is very big and athletic..looking forward to meeting again if thats the way it all plays out...ya'll got us at home tonight, maybe we can return the favor in 3 weeks lol

Maybe graves matched up better with Owensboro than Christian. Owensboro is tuff as nails on defense and have a super running game. Not saying they can't throw but their bread and butter is their power running game. Graves has tuff kids and will gang tackle the backs. Christian spread em out and had success throwing it around which helped their running game.