10th Region Tourament

The field is set and the draw will be on Friday morning. Just one more distric champion to crown tonight. So here is the breakdown:

The 37th will be decided tonight when favorite Scott High takes on Bishop Brossart at Brossart.

The 38th will host the region and was decided on Tuesday night with Harrison County defeating Pendleton County 3-0, so this years region tournament will at Harrison County High School.

The 39th was decided last night with Bracken County defeated Saint Patrick 3-0.

And finally the 40th was also decided last night with George Rodgers Clark defeating Montgomery County 3-0.

Should be some interesting first round matches.

Thoughts??

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun fact:

If Scott wins tonight then all of the district winners would have defeated the district tournament host schools to become champions. This trend does not bode well for Harrison County if it was to carry over to the regional.

Also if Scott was to win in straight sets then all district championship matches would have been won in straight sets.

Fun fact:

If Scott wins tonight then all of the district winners would have defeated the district tournament host schools to become champions. This trend does not bode well for Harrison County if it was to carry over to the regional.

Nothing bodes well for anyone unless their name is Scott. Scott wins this going away and won't lose a single set. They could play outside in a snowstorm and Scott will win.

I take it your not buying the any givin night speech. :lol2:

I've seen too much and know too much. Girls Volleyball is very predictable. Scott will win the 10th, and someone from Louisville will win it all. Not rocket science.

Scott hasn't lost a set to a 10th team all season, and ND hasn't to a 9th team. Don't expect either to change now.

We really need to wait until the draw to make any formal predictions. To many variables to anticipate. I will say Scott is the way out in front favorite, but any team at this stage can be beat not saying it will happen but it is possible. Any team is capable of having an off night.

While I can't argue with the odds in favor of Scott you can't discount Brossart's home court advantage. And while it is something that has a greater affect in basketball as seen at CC, I would not look lightly on its potential impact tonight.

Edited by Memphis Rains
Rephrasing

We really need to wait until the draw to make any formal predictions. To many variables to anticipate. I will say Scott is the way out in front favorite, but any team at this stage can be beat not saying it will happen but it is possible. Any team is capable of having an off night.

Scott's off night is still going to be better than the rest of the 10th region. And I will skip 'with all due respect' because we all know what comes after that. Scott is just better, OK? Better players, better team. It happens. It would take a catastrophic unforeseen set of improbable circumstances for Scott to lose.

Scott's off night is still going to be better than the rest of the 10th region. And I will skip 'with all due respect' because we all know what comes after that. Scott is just better, OK? Better players, better team. It happens. It would take a catastrophic unforeseen set of improbable circumstances for Scott to lose.

Wow OK then. Didnt mean to get your feathers all ruffled there. I was just implying that although a extreme long shot anything could happen. With your views on the subject why dont the KHSAA just mail the trophy to Scott High and let all the teams save money on travel expenses and not even hold the tournament. :idunno:

As for predictions:

Brossart over GRC

Harrison over St. Patrick

Bracken over Pendleton

Scott over Montgomery

Semis

Brossart over Harrison

Bracken over Scott (just Kidding Scott wins)

Finals

Scott over Brossart

How did Bracken County fare against Pendleton County during the regular season?

1-2 this year defeated them early in the season in the Glacier Invitational then lost the rematch in Falmoth. Playe dthem in pool play at the Filly Fall Fling and PC was victorious in that one as well.

Side note: In all the volleyball Ive seen the past few years I have yet to see our girls play well in morning pool play :no:. Not making excuses just stating an observation. I will say that this isnt the same Lady Bear team they were a month ago. These girls looked very focused and driven in the closing game of the regular season and throughout the district.

Good Luck to all the teams next week!! :thumb: