Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NE KY All Star FINAL East 38 West 21

Featured Replies

Great game and atmosphere for some high school football. Ian Holdbrook was great for the East squad and so was the receiver from Raceland who was blazing fast but didnt get a name. Great game and hope to see this every year.:thumb: :dancingpa

The name of the reciever from Raceland was Tolliver, I belive that I heard that he was voted MVP of the game, not sure. Tolliver will be going to Transy on a baseball offer next year.

  • Author

Here are some pics I took, I will get more on here when I get time.:thumb:

Picture 034.jpg

Picture 027.jpg

  • Author
The name of the reciever from Raceland was Tolliver, I belive that I heard that he was voted MVP of the game, not sure. Tolliver will be going to Transy on a baseball offer next year.

 

 

Congrats to him, that boy was lightning in a bottle.

Congratulations to Coach Tom Posey who set up the game, both staffs, and both teams. There was a big crowd in attendance, and it was a very good game.:thumb:

Good game. And congrates to Tolliver (MVP). Congrates to the East on the win. Good game to watch. Congrates to Coach Tackett and all the asst. coaches. Hope to see this every year. :fire: :fire: :fire:

Here are some pics I took, I will get more on here when I get time.:thumb:

 

 

Thanks for the photos!!

I would call this game a big success. Attendance was very good and the atmosphere was great. Congratulations to Tom Posey of Mason Co. for setting up the game. Hopefully we can do this again next year.

 

The West played well and made an interesting game of it. Congratulations to Coach Prater and the rest of his staff for having the West well prepared. The West produced a little more total yardage than the East, but made more turnovers - which was the difference in the game.

 

Congratulations to Thomas Tolliver (Raceland) for being named the offensive player of the game for the East – and also to Joe Smith (Ashland) who was named defensive player of the game for the East.

 

Several other players for the East also played well. According to the stats in today’s Independent:

 

• Bradlee Jones (Fairview) had 14 carries for 90 yds and a TD

• Angle Gurule (Ashland) had 4 carries for 27 yds

• Tom Tolliver 5 receptions for 77 yds and 2 TDs

• Lafe Flaugher (East Carter) 2 receptions for 36 yds and a TD

• Tyler Whitt (Fairview) 1 reception for 16 yds and a TD and a fumble returned 34 yds for a TD

• Ian Holbrook (Ashland) was 8-9-1 passing for 129 yds and 4 TDs

 

Congratulations to Head Coach Chad Tackett and the rest of the coaching staff. I think the players had fun and made a lot of new friends.

The additions of Brennan Sargent and Austin Hunter would have put this game out of reach. Brennan would have rolled over the West team and Austin definetly is underrated. Right now these boys are thinking about a State Baseball Championship, but would have loved to seen them play.

Great game.I look forward to watching the game every year.A big thanks to the coaches for getting this game started for the football players and fans.The game had speed, passing ,running and lots of HITTING.:thumb:

Congratulations to Tom Posey for all the hard work and everyone who helped him along the way, including the Daily Independent & of course BGP for providing a great place to talk about it all :thumb: :thumb:

 

A Big Thank You to all the coaches who devoted their time for the kids benefit:thumb: :thumb:

 

& of course to the parents for producing such great Northeast Kentucky young men. I hope they all go on from here to even more memorable times :thumb: :thumb:

 

There are more & more of these all star games sprouting up and I think it shows the increase in popularity of football in KY and very much so in our corner of the state. Im really glad to see everyone working together for the betterment of fooball in general as opposed to just their own team. I think we also saw some of that in Raceland's bit of "advice"?? to Russell before playing the championship.:thumb: :thumb:

 

Hope to see it grow even more next year.

 

Cheers, Woody Jr

I think that the players had a good time playing in this game. It appeared that they “bonded” – evidenced by their exchange of helmet decals. For example I saw Russell players with As, Gs and Fs, etc. on their helmets (Russell helmets are normally unadorned). I hope that next year’s seniors get the chance to play in a game like this.

 

I also want to thank the Boyd Co. coaches for loaning the East Team red pants to match their jerseys. It made a sharp impression on the field.

 

Graybeard

The team really did bond... like greybeard said the decorating of the helmets reallyshowed how much a group of kids came together in one week.... the East coaches did a great job of keeping the ball on the ground and gutting the west and wearing them down through the course of the game... old school football wins again!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.