Buck tag filled

dd734

Saw this one from a boy that went to Campbell county. not sure what county he tagged him in though.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52349[/ATTACH]

He brought it by the house, it's a dandy. He is a friend of my son's. Actually, they are doe hunting together tonight.

Here is a link to the Boone and Crockett Club score sheet for a typcial whitetail deer. It shows how and what you measure to get to that gross and net score.

http://www.boone-crockett.org/pdf/SC_whitetail_typical.pdf

This is a Pope and Young deer, not Boone and Crockett. Boone and Crockett is for firearms, Pope and Young is for archery. All the measurements are the same, just different record book.

This is a Pope and Young deer, not Boone and Crockett. Boone and Crockett is for firearms, Pope and Young is for archery. All the measurements are the same, just different record book.

Actually Boone and Crockett will take animals taken with any legal weapon, not just firearms. Their minimum score is also higher, and you boys deer almost made it. It's definielty Pope and Young though.

Actually Boone and Crockett will take animals taken with any legal weapon, not just firearms. Their minimum score is also higher, and you boys deer almost made it. It's definielty Pope and Young though.

You're correct right, Boone and Crockett has to be 170 minimum, I think, Pope and Young is just archery, 130 is the minimum for them.....I think....... Both must dry for 6 months before you can get an official score, I think :)

You're correct right, Boone and Crockett has to be 170 minimum, I think, Pope and Young is just archery, 130 is the minimum for them.....I think....... Both must dry for 6 months before you can get an official score, I think :)

Close...160 for B&C and 125 for P&Y. Dry time is only 60 days I believe. Those are typical mins. Not sure what non typical mins are without looking it up.

Close...160 for B&C and 125 for P&Y. Dry time is only 60 days I believe. Those are typical mins. Not sure what non typical mins are without looking it up.

Yes it's 60 days, I had the 6 correct. B&C is 160 minimum for awards, but it has to be 170 minimum for the all time records book.

non typical P&Y minimum 155

non typical B&C minimum, 185 for awards, 195 for all time records book

I looked it up :)

• 6 months later...