5a Barren County/ 2a Monroe County Predictions

tsyoung7

2-1 5a Barren County Trojans travel one county south to 2-1 2a Monroe County. This game has become a bitter rival for these two teams with very bad blood between the schools and players.

Barren had their first loss to cross town rival Glasgow last Friday so these boys should be a little scorned...

Monroe had there pride destroyed by BowlingGreen in the Raffertys bowl but have rebounded nicely with wins over 4a and 5a programs.

I feel the Falcons have too much this year for the Trojans and will bring the pain to them.

Monroe 42

Barren 13

Monroe is a very good football team! They have handled some teams here early, and Barren is not as good as they have been in the past. Coach Griffith is a GREAT coach who will eventually see success there but pretty sure this week will not be the week. I like Monroe 42-17

I want barren to be competitive every year, but it never seems to develop. They have quality kids with a great support system, it just never seems to come together. Monroe is always a well organized and sound football team with the exception of a few down years here and there. The community in Tompkinsville love falcon football and that shows in the attitude of players. It is hard to win a game against players that absolutely love football collectively. I say monroe without a doubt but I would love to see some competition in this one.

Monroe is playing some good football right now and still have some quirks to work out. Both teams have a load of seniors that can turn this into a big game. For Monroe Defense keep and eye on Gage Nelson#51, Trey whitlock#4, and Devin Young#13 to tear into the Back field and if you try to pass you'll have to get past Lincoln Keith#17, Ty Mink#7, and Dalton Emmert#5 interceptions for those 3 are starting to add up. and for the Offense you have Lincoln Arnett#2 at qb with Jordan Phillips#32, Tucker england#8, and Braxton Walker#6 in the backfield that are very tough to bring down and at wide outs you have deep threats in Kale Rich#24 and Ty mink#7. Mix all that with great special team playmakers ill take Monroe in this game. But Barren wont be the team to lay down after What some might call an upset by Glasgow last week they have playmakers in Nick Mabe#88 who can turn the game right around and Ellis Winnegar#5 who can run it down your throat and a massive line with qb andrew#7 Hughes leading the team. Sounds like the making of a pretty good game. Ill take Monroe in this one that will be closer than what most will think 35-14