John Hardin 33 Warren Central 29

hoops5

This was a good game. WC has some good players. Numbers 2, 7 and 32 have some good talent. Both teams made good plays and both teams left scoring opportunities on the field. Being so early in the season, I could see both teams clean some things up and become fine football teams. Gonna be a fun year.

Edited by Justafan2
Spelling

#5 for Central (Damani Walker) didn't play tonight, and is one of their best playmakers. In addition to the others you named, one you didn't see do much was #8 , Chauncey Greer. The Bulldog staff clearly made keeping him down a priority.

I agree that each team left plays on the field. John Hardin had an egregious drop early on that was a surefire TD, and had at least one other overthrow that I remember that was also a surefire TD. Central had three trips into the red zone that failed to yield any points, one of which ended on a missed field goal. Two of those were back to back, one ending the first half, and the other starting the second half. Had they come through on both, they could have been up 28-13 rather than 14-13 at the end of that exchange, a huge difference in the game. But I imagine these are the types of games each staff would like to see. There are things to like, and there are clear areas where improvement is necessary. Great game.

Big win for John and very important for their confidence. The 6'7" 315 pound transfer should see his first action next week so their D line should be bolstered quite a bit. JH could very well win 2 out of their next 3 games before going into district play.

Or they could very well lose the next 2 as well. PRP is loaded and Central Hardin will offer all the Bulldogs want I would imagine.

John should beat PRP. I don't care how "loaded" they are. CH will beat John for one more year before the tide turns.

I don't care who wins, but on paper PRP should win. 6A school and they are 3-0. I know 2 of PRP's wins were gifts. They handled Meade easily though which is eye opening. It should be a good game. I will be at the North Hardin and Elizabethtown next week. I can't wait to see this one! Then I will catch the Central and John game the following week. Some good games coming up in the Etown area. Central and South Warren this week too!!