Newport Catholic 2 Cooper 1

You poked the bear.....

I told you that McDonald teams don't focus enough on conditioning. Ncc is the most in shape team in nky and it will wear you down. Last night was a good example of that, by the 20th minute of the second half Cooper kids were gasping for air and couldn't keep up that high work rate ncc was bringing at them. Justin Randee shut snow down all night long, he had one chance and couldn't convert. Look for him as your defensive player of the year. Cameron Hoover is a beast anddominated the center of the field by winning 50/50 balls. This game proves that McDonald is washed up, he still can't get his team to win big games.

Signed: still young and much better than you

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he should have issued a card for the bracelet due to the inscription. From where I was sitting it looked like it said, "WWJD?"

:whistling:

just kidding. I was not at the match

Khsaa has said no exceptions on bracelets no matter their message.

NCC defense did not look the best . They were all focused on snow and ignored the other threats. This is why Cooper should have been up by more at half. They're finishing was sub par, plus many good saves from the NCC gk. I was very impressed with NCC's midfield and their width. Not so much the defense. ... :/

I agree with your take on things Never offsides.

If their finishing was not off last night Cooper could have enjoyed a very comfortable lead at the break. There was no hiding what the defensive plan was for NCC but Cooper was not able to make them pay for overplaying so much. In all, I would say that they had 6-8 quality chances in the first half alone. I can think of 3 chances that Snow had in the first half that would normally have been goals for him. The "rut ball" that someone already mentioned, one that sailed just over the crossbar and another that went just wide right. I also remember that their shutdown defender was watching all three of these shots while trailing the play. :sssh:

I also thought their midfield played well overall. I would not agree with comments made by others in regards to all the 50/50 balls being won by the beast from NCC. I seem to remember someone from Cooper dropping back and getting to almost every goal kick that NCC took in the first half, I think the same thing would have played out in the second half if they would not have kept him higher.

All in all, a good match to have for both teams at this time of the season, I just think last night was more about what Cooper did not do, more so than what NCC did.

Cooper now has today to get ready for the big game that is on the schedule this week, Conner.

I don't think he should have issued a card for the bracelet due to the inscription. From where I was sitting it looked like it said, "WWJD?"

:whistling:

just kidding. I was not at the match

Khsaa has said no exceptions on bracelets no matter their message.

This CR is at least consistent. The week before he carded a player that had on a bracelet that said: WWKhsaaD?

I will say this, and you know how much I defend the refs in the area. Keith Hill ran/walked the center last night along with a crew that had no business doing a varsity match. The game got chippy and both teams should have been awarded a few cards. That was the worse display of officiating I have ever seen.

1 if you can't keep up with the play, time to hang up the whistle

2 if you can't see what iis going on in a play it's time to hang up the whistle

3 if you don't know the rules it's time to hang up the whistle

4 if you are doing it for extra money and not the love of the game it's time to hang up the whistle

OK about the game, Ncc haha hard working team that never once gave up. They fought until the very end of the game. Cooper had some really good chances early that they did not convert on, I thought that Cooper was the better team last night but as we all know the best team doesn't always win.

Hey dblyellow you guys are in better shape than Cooper, I'll give you that.

Careful now f&h KH did over 70 games last year, 5 days a week. Might not have had a good game and maybe the game had more pace than he was up for but there are plenty of games that the older refs are capable to handle. I hope most of you don't think they do it for the money since soccer refs haven't had a raise in ten years. Club pays better and a lot less travel

Y

You poked the bear.....

I told you that McDonald teams don't focus enough on conditioning. Ncc is the most in shape team in nky and it will wear you down. Last night was a good example of that, by the 20th minute of the second half Cooper kids were gasping for air and couldn't keep up that high work rate ncc was bringing at them. Justin Randee shut snow down all night long, he had one chance and couldn't convert. Look for him as your defensive player of the year. Cameron Hoover is a beast anddominated the center of the field by winning 50/50 balls. This game proves that McDonald is washed up, he still can't get his team to win big games.

Signed: still young and much better than you

Let me begin by reiterating I am a NCC supporter but I think you surprisingly have missed something, well lots of things but one I think needs addressing. Perhaps the reason NCC looks like the best conditioned team is because they start every game in what appears to be slow motion. They seem to finally wake up in the second half unfortuanately trailing in the match (henry, brossart and cooper last three matches). Energy seems to come from schultz, muck (who plays hard start to finish IMO), liles and randle but all usually in the second half. I would like to see high energy start to finish and as an entire unit. I heard several in the stands last night with the same opinion. Cant coast first half, turn it on in the second and renounce yourselves as "best conditioned".

Careful now f&h KH did over 70 games last year, 5 days a week. Might not have had a good game and maybe the game had more pace than he was up for but there are plenty of games that the older refs are capable to handle. I hope most of you don't think they do it for the money since soccer refs haven't had a raise in ten years. Club pays better and a lot less travel

I think they do it for the kudos they receive from folks in the stands.

Like freshman ?

Careful now f&h KH did over 70 games last year, 5 days a week. Might not have had a good game and maybe the game had more pace than he was up for but there are plenty of games that the older refs are capable to handle. I hope most of you don't think they do it for the money since soccer refs haven't had a raise in ten years. Club pays better and a lot less travel[/quote

OK KH isn't normally that bad, I will give him that. Last night was exceptionally poor, at one point a kid hit the ground and not once but 3 times he told him to get up in a stern voice. The player was obviously in some sort of pain weather he was fouled or not. There were many instances that warranted fouls that were let go and probably the same amount that were called like a U8 game. I have defended the officials for quite some time but in this case I see what people are upset about.