EKY Game of the Week: Pikeville @ Paintsville Predictions

ATLCat

Who Wins?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

Pikeville might have lost, but that means nothing now. Pikeville is a dang good football team with a dang good football program. Pikeville, IMO, didn't play to the best of their ability last Friday night.

Paintsville is good, as we all know. They have a great QB/LB is Kash Daniel. What happened last year was one of the biggest point turn a rounds in EKY in quite sometime.

Pikeville will come out with last year's playoff game in their minds, ready to eat. I think this game will be a close game until the fourth quarter. I am going to predict a 28-28 gmae intering the fourth quarter and Pikeville separates themselves quickly. For my final prediction:

Pikeville 42

Paintsville 28

This game has a chance to be a classic. Two great programs. Two great coaches. Two of the very best football players in EKY, if not the entire state.

Pikeville's resume is a little more impressive at this early stage of the season, but neither team has seen an opponent yet like they're going to see in each other this weekend. Kash and Pugh almost cancel each other out, although Kash is a difference maker on both sides of the ball. I think the X-factor is Kent Phelps. Through two games, he looks like one of the best RB's in EKY. Granted, the level of opposition he's faced so far isn't going to scare anybody, he's still averaging a whopping 17.6ypc so far. I would expect that average to come down a little after this game.

I think the biggest separation between these two teams occurs in the trenches. Paintsville has good linemen, Pikeville just has more, IMO. The LOS is where I think the Panthers will beat the Tigers in a close game.

Pikeville 27

Paintsville 21

Any chance WYMT streams this game online?

This game will have statewide ramifications, along with so many things for both teams, and fan bases to consider. First off, both teams are going to be playing for pride. Both teams want to be "1 A king of the mountain" when this game is done. Pikeville remembers all too well what happened last season in the playoffs, and want to remove that bitter taste from their mouths. Paintsville wants to assert themselves as the annual contender representing 1-A from the East. Paintsville is a much improved football team. Kash Daniel is the "Real Deal" on both sides of the ball. The UK signee, along with RB Kent Phelps are a force opponents will have to deal with this season. Pikeville is looking and playing like the Pikeville of the late 80's under then HC Hillard Howard. This team is very quick, and has so much team speed especially on defense. So many weapons to choose from as this team is blessed with very good WRs. Really surprised to see so many making catches in the LCC game Saturday. Daric Pugh, as good as he is, is only part of the equation. With the athletes Pikeville have this season, and being on a mission, look for the Panthers to be 3 -0 after Friday evening.Jmo.