Campbellsville @ Taylor County Predictions

Who wins?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Campbellsville
    • Taylor County

Harrison!

One of his sons just went/played there, while his other son went to Larue County. He was a long time youth coach in the Hardin/Larue areas as well as the MS coach for Larue County.

He played for now Taylor County Super, Roger Cook in high school at East Hardin (one of the schools that merged to make Central Hardin back in 1990). That's how he ended up at Taylor County coaching (and, I believe has in instructional assistant job w/in the school system).

Harrison!

He was not a coach at Central Hardin. He did coach youth league but was coaching at LaRue Middle before going to Taylor. He had one son at LaRue and one at Central...weird setup if you ask me. Taylor didn't get "Lombardi "

Taylor has talent in the building and in the city. What they do not have is a group of kids who should be running power I and smashing it down people's throats, or running the triple option and that's the problem with this staff, and thats the problem with the staff before, and the problem with the coaches for the past 20 years.

Taylor has talent in the building and in the city. What they do not have is a group of kids who should be running power I and smashing it down people's throats, or running the triple option and that's the problem with this staff, and thats the problem with the staff before, and the problem with the coaches for the past 20 years.

Brad Todd didn't during his tenure there (had the best season in school history during 99, but also some bad ones as well), nor did Rodney Turpin.

I don't have a dog in this fight. I actually find it all pretty comical. However, in regards to scheme, they are doing exactly what they need to be doing. I can assure you things would be a lot worse if they were trying to get all of those "athletes the ball in space."

I've seen them play twice already this year, they have zero break away speed. None. Nada. There isn't a scheme in the world to fix that.

You better have some dudes that after getting a few yards; can do things you can't coach or it doesn't matter. Be it the Power I or the freaking "ooopty-ooop."

If you think Taylor County has actual talent, then our definitions of what "talent" is are polar opposites.

Brad Todd didn't during his tenure there (had the best season in school history during 99, but also some bad ones as well), nor did Rodney Turpin.

I don't have a dog in this fight. I actually find it all pretty comical. However, in regards to scheme, they are doing exactly what they need to be doing. I can assure you things would be a lot worse if they were trying to get all of those "athletes the ball in space."

I've seen them play twice already this year, they have zero break away speed. None. Nada. There isn't a scheme in the world to fix that.

You better have some dudes that after getting a few yards; can do things you can't coach or it doesn't matter. Be it the Power I or the freaking "ooopty-ooop."

If you think Taylor County has actual talent, then our definitions of what "talent" is are polar opposites.

We will agree to disagree, allowing more athletic teams to load the box against you is a lot worse of an option than, spreading the defense out, using motion, getting creative and using eye candy to your advantage. At least with spread offenses defenses don't know where an offense is going to attack.

We will agree to disagree, allowing more athletic teams to load the box against you is a lot worse of an option than, spreading the defense out, using motion, getting creative and using eye candy to your advantage. At least with spread offenses defenses don't know where an offense is going to attack.

I.....don't really even know how to respond to that, as in all of it (well, except the eye candy part. Smoke and mirrors can be good sometimes), but the bolded part? As if spread teams are exempt from any type of tendencies & heavy ones at that? "C'mon Man!"

I thought this would actually be fun, but after reading that; I'm out. :thumb: