Russell 19 Greenup County 13

Congrats Devils. Great game and effort from Greenup.

For the third year in a row, Russell has to dig deep to come from behind to beat the Musketeers. Thank goodness for Nick Conley! He's their horse and Russell needs to ride him.

It's hard to look good against Greenup Co. They're very tough on defense. If they can find some rhythm on offense, they'll be dangerous for every team on their schedule this year.

Greenup improved or Russell playing down? Probably depends on who you were rooting for.

A little of both. My knee jerk reaction is to say that Russell played down tonight, but I can't take anything away from Greenup. They're clearly making strides as a program. Both defenses played well, but Russell's offense woke up a little in the 4th.

Congrats to Russell on the win. GC playing them tough doesn't surprise me all that much. The Muskies are greatly improved, were well prepared and wanted this one bad. Russell lost some key people from last years team. The Devils are still plenty talented, have some real athletes. When those kids get more used to having to step up and be the leaders this season they will be fine.