Underrated Team

Give HC a little credit where credit is due. May not have beat any bigger teams, yet, but they are in the final tomorrow. They have been playing really well together. With that said, anything is possible. Sounds to me like some jealousy there. No need to put these boys down, a win is a win no matter who you play or by how much.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly Holy Cross is a smaller school with very little money they play tough schools and so far it's been pretty good they are trying to do something that no Holy Cross boys team has done in more than 25 years and that's win all a regional finals tomorrow 10am at saint Henry

Holy Cross Indians won the Calvary invitational and is in the all a finals they have a great team this year lots of seniors with Alex Enzweiler, Nate Dogget and Kyle Krumpleman I have them winning the All A Finals Tommorow the the guidance of Hot headed David Groneck

Pretty sure Holy Cross placed third in the Calvary Invitational... If not mistaken they played Holmes in the 3rd place game and won 3-1.

They may not of lost a game in the tournament, but the way the tournament was set up they played in groups.

A

Give HC a little credit where credit is due. May not have beat any bigger teams, yet, but they are in the final tomorrow. They have been playing really well together. With that said, anything is possible. Sounds to me like some jealousy there. No need to put these boys down, a win is a win no matter who you play or by how much.

Yougogirl......no disrespect given.....In Both posts wished well.....if the post would have been "HC in finals......or "HC trying to do something for the first time....." I would have been nothing but supported. Didn't mean to "poke Mama Bear" and get the claws.

But the post is "Underrated Teams" and so far they don't qualify. Jealous? Well, if pointing out facts is jealousy for beating the teams I mentioned....sorry. Sorry for me, actually.

I will end this post like the last two....good luck to HC this year.

Exactly Holy Cross is a smaller school with very little money they play tough schools and so far it's been pretty good they are trying to do something that no Holy Cross boys team has done in more than 25 years and that's win all a regional finals tomorrow 10am at saint Henry

What in the world does money have to do with HS soccer? Not like schools can buy players.

The great thing about it, on two hours we will all know. Not that it matters so much, but this isn't the all A finals...just the play in or regional A.... Got to beat a few teams of quality to win all A. Look at strength of schedule and records as mentioned 1-14-2 I think it was. This really tells you what u need to know. Who knows HC could pull out a 1-0 and advance, just not putting my money there. Suspect more of a 3-1cru win. Let's just hope we have a soccer game and not a repeat of last year where a single HC player was playing the ugliest I've seen for some time. Off the ball hacking shouldn't b tolerated by a coach. Hard play on the ball, great. Hope it's a good game to watch for all.

Who knows, maybe someone runs the table this year without a loss. It could happen. With CC already presented the 9th region crown, oops, wasn't that last year....I digress. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Yes, it's all jealousy and no reflection of an out of the forest perspect. Lotsa trees in there don't ya know.

What in the world does money have to do with HS soccer? Not like schools can buy players.

I would say there is a small correlation. You can't buy players most of the time but you can buy facilities, teachers and attract coaching talent. This draws parents to send their kids. Look at trinity, beechwood (football), highlands, st x and cov catch.

I would say there is a small correlation. You can't buy players most of the time but you can buy facilities, teachers and attract coaching talent. This draws parents to send their kids. Look at trinity, beechwood (football), highlands, st x and cov catch.

Agree but HC has a nice facility, very close to campus, unlike a BBrossart or NCC for example. I'm quite certain Nkysoccerboys1 would agree, HC also have good coaches, good teachers and a very good academic reputation. So again I don't understand the reasoning behind saying,

"Holy Cross is a smaller school with very little money".

They now also have the best baseball field in area.......

Yougo and Nkysoccerboys......olive branch extended. Glad to see the team coming together and playing well. Just be careful promoting on here without the facts. I learned several years ago and was "gently counseled" by the good folks here on BGP.

Good luck this season.