Underrated Team

A few things I would like to weigh in on

HC has a great coaching staff

The team is obviously playing pretty good this year, 2-1 loss against St Henry is a good result.

Hc hasn't won the all A regional in 25 years because it wasn't around for them to win in the 90's.

Good luck to HC the rest of the season

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No mama bear or claws, just sick of hearing Holy Cross always being the talk of negativity. Should be more considerate of players because believe it or not, some I am sure read this stuff. You would not appreciate your kids team always being put down and the topic of conversation. They are doing some great things and should be noted for that as well, HC 2 Conner 1.

PS....I am pretty sure that no one was bashing HC on here....no one was even mentioning them, until you started this post. You can't have it both ways.....sorry.

Last year it may have seemed as if they were bashed, but that was their game reports which, at times, were pretty brutal reporting game actions. I hadn't seen anything like that this year.

If you are worried about the players reading this, then you shouldn't post about them, especially naming them directly. Posting invites replies......You will find that there are a few that like to start trouble and are trying to pick fights, but the majority on here are reporting what they see....most of the time backed up with facts and stats...reference Sir's posts.

So again, congrats to HC on a very nice win against a Senior laden Conner team, and good luck moving forward.

Pretty sure Holy Cross placed third in the Calvary Invitational... If not mistaken they played Holmes in the 3rd place game and won 3-1.

They may not of lost a game in the tournament, but the way the tournament was set up they played in groups.

I heard that HC actually beat WV in PKs but that they did not count the PKs. The tourney was supposed to be two pools of 4 teams where each team in the pool played each other. Then 2 of the 8 teams dropped out and the Calvary folks had to scramble how to play the tournament without updating there tie breaker rules. With pool play, all teams would play the same teams so PKs wouldn't be needed at the end of a game. But, if you're not all playing the same teams, you probably should not allow games to end in a tie thus PKs should have been counted. But, what do I know.

Hamburglar...

If the tournament was not ran well, or if there was some confussion on who should have made it to the Championship Match, I would say that is unfortunate. I have seen many different scenarios played out in pool play over the years, my conclussion is, you just need to win all your matches and not give up any goals along the way.

I think the comments you quoted above were in response to an earlier post in this thread that stated Holy Cross had won this tournament.... this does not seem to be accurate information.