Bowling Green 44 Monroe County 7

Despite playing against a smaller squad (Monroe will win some games), the Purples

looked good. Most impressed with QB Clark Payne. Pretty sure he was 10 out of 12 on his throws with 2 TDs. One of his incompletions was intentionally thrown out of bounds.

If Payne keeps it up it will give Carruthers even more opportunity to do as well as any running back around. If Carruthers got a lot of touches he could pretty much pick how many yards he gets. BG may have had better backs than Carruthers but I can't think of any that can turn on a dime like he can.

Purples were crisp tonight. Only 2 or 3 5a schools stand in their way in my opinion.

BG looked good. Those young men will go far this year. They will only get better. Monroe did not even come close to matching up with them tonight but they will be fine in 2a. The new offense they incorporated is only going to get better. Monroe needs some better skill players in some positions and a lot better kick-off return deep squad. Keith did well but if you are the return man you have to run. Not jog. Congrats to BG.

TSY, I thought Monroe passed theceye ball test and looked like a good team. They didn't have many penalties and competed till the end. They executed very well at times and will not face a defense like this anytime soon. Count me a Falcons fan.:thumb:

It was a very good experience for these young men. They take away a really good film on a very great team to build off of. We will start breaking down defensive film tomorrow and start prepping for Warren East at home next week. I will always be a fan of the south central and the west. Good luck and talk to you on here.

I really wish T and BG could mend fences and get back on each other's schedules. I loved the series and I think it would be a great annual contest for both teams. BG has definitely kicked their program into another gear these last couple years.

Definitely an elite program.

PepRock, I completely agree. Unfortunately you and I don't call the shots for our teams. I honestly think it will take the next T coach and the next BG coach to be able to get this done. I'm not saying either greatly dislikes the other, but just think both have moved on from this when in fact it would be great for the State. I know the 2010 game was a terrific game!

I actually thought this might be a better game than it was.

I also thought Monroe would be a little more competitive in this match. I knew it was highly unlikely to get a win over BG. But the boys were completely wore down...BG's program is solid! Good kids, great coaching and top notch athleticism. I would love to see T and BG again.

C

I also thought Monroe would be a little more competitive in this match. I knew it was highly unlikely to get a win over BG. But the boys were completely wore down...BG's program is solid! Good kids, great coaching and top notch athleticism. I would love to see T and BG again.

That's the problem you generally have when you play UP, your usually playing more kids both ways, and that eventually takes its toll, ESPECIALLY early in the season during the hotter weather.