Bowling Green/Monroe County Updates

swamprat

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Purples are making the Falcons look very slow. This team is no track team but they can't handle all the discipline and skilled players. BowlingGreen is the real deal. Very exciting to watch this squad and we are looking forward to seeing this team develop this season.

If Carruthers were allowed to get 25 touches per game he would have well over 2000. Had more than 1K last year as soohomore.

I know tonights game you can't gage how good they are, but next season forget about it. There going on a run soon! If you beat them, you have 14 more weeks to do so

Nothing against Monroe, but I really wish the Purples would schedule a tougher opponent next year.... BG will not have the benefit of playing 2A teams in the playoffs. SMH... They should have accepted South Warrens invitation to play in the Raffertys Bowl THIS YEAR, but they declined.

That isnt the way I heard it. I heard the opposite but I will admit I can not confirm that. Can someone else that is realitively unbiased confirm this either way? JCarter lookin at you.

Purples take ball at the BG 30. BG call TO. Makes me nuts they do this. Come out of halftime and call a TO. Bad. 1st Carruthers for 5. 2nd Payne with a bomb! To Wilson for 65 yards. Purples 37 Monroe 0. Running Clock. TSY safe trip home! Purple88 to the House! Catch ya soon! Go Purples!

You to brother...look forward to watching the Purples play this season. Purples will be tough this season and next. Monroe will be fine after this embarrassment by a juggernaut team. It was a good experience for them. And south turned down bg bid for bowl. They play Monroe next year in the bowl.

I can only repeat what I heard about BG And South.

Smith wanted to play in Rafferty's Bowl. Wallace wanted a home and home. My understanding is Monroe wanted to play BG this year and BG had agreed to play them. Therefore neither side could work out a schedule for these two years. Smith had already worked out his schedule with the Hardin county schools, pope John Paul and Only had one spot left the Rafferty's bowl. So I think not playing was mutual in the end.

One thing I saw with BG is they are fast. Monroe bike some plays with the option while I was there but could not out run BG's recovery speed. If BG fixes their DE biting on inside fakes and letting QB and pitch men get out side of them they will be really tough this year. If they don't fix this and come against a team with speed they could have a little tougher time with them. Other than that BG looks really solid and fast.