Marvin Lewis' Quarterbacks

Which Manning? I wouldnt say Eli is elite, but yet he has 2 SB wins, so maybe he is.

I wouldnt say Luck is elite yet. Hes Peyton 2.0 until he wins a SB.

Eli is far from elite.

Something most people don't understand is that SB's are mainly won from the team not the QB.

Eli is far from elite.

Something most people don't understand is that SB's are mainly won from the team not the QB.

There is a "team" element to it, but there is also a reason those we consider elite usually win the most and have the bling to show for it.

Completely agree with Hellbird on Palmer. However I promised people I wouldn't talk much about Palmer anymore after being one of the only to defend him his last few years. I do think if he never left that we still would have been in playoffs the last 4 years and possibly would have won at least a playoff game under him.

One people fail to mention for why the Bengals don't ever truly have a top QB is because of Marvin Lewis's style. Marvin is a defensive coach who wants to control the clock, not take chances and run the ball. If you look at the top QB's in the game, their offenses are pass first and run second. Which then they become so good at passing it opens up the run game. The only year Marvin Lewis let the offense play at a style that doesn't fit him was in 2005, and well that offense that year was awesome. However after 2005 they started to go away from the no huddle some in 2006 and Palmer still did good. Then by 2007 they rarely used no huddle. The way Marvin Lewis wants his offense to be ran, makes it hard for QB's to truly get in a rhythm.