J Cole at Riverbend

kyyank

Old guy that I am, put the halt to my 18 year old daughter going this week. Guy got shot last week after his show. Some unrest in our city. Wasn't comfortable. Asked several young ladies in my office, including a 26 year old in my office, who is black, said she and her sister agree. Said he is pretty harmless but will be the largest rap show this summer in Cincy. They like him but will not going anywhere near. There is a post-party that could also have trouble...Agree/Disagree?

No clue who that is, and I don't necessarily disagree with what you said, however if there is trouble there, I'd be willing to bet a lot of money that an 18 year old girl wouldn't be a target of it.

I doubt she'd have any issues assuming she'd be going to just watch the concert.

Either way, I wouldn't fault you for letting her go, and I don't fault you for not allowing it.

Things can get out of hand at almost any concert where there are young adults....it's not just rap concerts. Mix booze, large crowds, and young guys and bad things can happen whether it's a concert, football game, or party.

My now 20 year old daughter has been to a few of the big rap shows over the last couple years. I've talked to her about being careful and aware of her surroundings, and she's been fine. I'm not a fan of her attending any big concert...I don't care whether it's rap, country, metal etc. But I can't stop her from going, and I just pray I've taught her well.