Email etiquette

BigVMan23

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RJS and I think similarly on this subject.

I third the motion.

And anytime I get one of those read receipts from someone I generally utter a couple of words about you that you probably don't want to hear.

In short, email can be such an effective tool but too often the sender is lazy and doesn't articulate the issue well enough without making more work for everyone.

Well, on my third round of resending emails for basketball. Still have no replies from the vast majority after sending twice already. A "drop dead" would be better than no reply at all.:idunno:

I think they answered with, "no can't schedule coach" and you just missed it.

Tell them you're going to bench their kid unless they reply. That should get you plenty of responses.

It's not parents I'm emailing...it's other schools I'm trying to get games/schedule with that I have problems getting a response from. And the Catholic middle schools in the Lou and Lex area are some of the worst offenders, and I don't know why that is. Finally got a response from a couple of them after the third round of emails yesterday. Unfortunately they passed my email on to someone else in the school to schedule with, so the whole thing might just start over again.

I think they answered with, "no can't schedule coach" and you just missed it.

Nope...haven't missed any, just haven't gotten many responses. Got a few last night/today after the third time. I guess it just takes multiple mailings to get an answer from some people.

It's not parents I'm emailing...it's other schools I'm trying to get games/schedule with that I have problems getting a response from. And the Catholic middle schools in the Lou and Lex area are some of the worst offenders, and I don't know why that is. Finally got a response from a couple of them after the third round of emails yesterday. Unfortunately they passed my email on to someone else in the school to schedule with, so the whole thing might just start over again.

Oh, well in the words of Emily Litella, "nevermind".

I'm thinking he meant their non-response is your answer....

You would think, though that after getting 3 or 4 emails one would reply with a "drop dead" or something just so the sender quits sending them. And I ask in all the variations of the email to please reply even if the answer is "no" so I may mark them off the active list and not send them any more emails requesting games. And remember many of the people I am contacting are professionals in a school system. You would think the professional thing to do is to reply with something.