Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

10 Most Important Medical Discoveries

Featured Replies

Allergic to Penicillin? You're Probably Not - NBC News

 

Most people who think they are allergic to penicillin in fact are not, researchers said Friday. It’s something doctors have suspected for a long time, but the researchers say they were surprised by just how many people weren’t allergic to the antibiotic: it was 94 percent of them.

 

Dr. Thanai Pongdee, an allergist at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida and colleagues tested 384 people who said they were allergic to penicillin. Tests showed 94 percent of them were in fact, not allergic.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How did IVF not only make the top 10 but #5 ?

 

I'm with you on this one. I can get on board with the rest, but IVF no way.

 

Polio vaccine has saved millions and millions of lives.

 

I struggle a bit with birth control being on the list. I have nothing against birth control, I just have a hard time comparing it to the other life saving items on the list.

I'm allergic to penicillin. Rash and terrible stomach issues.

Of all organs, with maybe the exception of the gall bladder, the pancreas is least respected
I'm sure that you'll recall, that in a recent survey, the gall bladder was voted among the top 10 organs.
Funny, it was on the list when I looked 4 hours ago.

Well done!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.