Top NKY Incoming Sophomores c/o 2018

Saw you guys watching the All Star game at the end of the day...you should have stopped over and introduced yourselves. I'm sure I'll be seeing you two a lot over the next few years.

I sure would of if I would of seen you. Taylor Hicks really put together a great Camp for it to be the first Camp he's done.

BRENNAN is going nationals with OHIO Cougars they came in 2ND place to OHIO Red in state. It's a fully stacked team.. Then comes back and playes in the big ADIDAS TOURNEY in cincinnati.. I will keep you up dated because I really have a great feeling about this team.

I'm going down to MEMPHIS on the 10th till the 13th.. BRENNAN is working hard he has been going to Cincinnati State open gyms and putting in a great work out program for him self.. Very proud of all them RICO and RAAVAI .. these three have played together in AAU for a good amount of time they are like brothers. Good to see Nky up and coming and doing big things in the future.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ Taylor is the man. Very well connected.

It's rare that you see the type of talent he had there. Most top kids avoid in state camps like that but he was able to draw, at worst, at least 8 of the top 10 from each class, plus the best players from a lot of teams from around the state.

Wish a few more nky kids would have been there but was nice to at least see Brennan there.

• 2 weeks later...

I understand Austin Lay has transferred back to Walton. It will interesting to see what happens at Cov Cath. Success can bring success, but sometimes it can work against a team. Especially a parochial school that can accept anyone they wish to. Only 5 can play for a team at a time & kids (& their parents) want to play. It will be interesting to see if there's any fallout. Meanwhile with Lay coming back to Walton and combining him with Clinkenbeard & the incoming freshman class, watch out for WV in a couple of years. Good luck Austin.

I understand Austin Lay has transferred back to Walton. It will interesting to see what happens at Cov Cath. Success can bring success' date=' but sometimes it can work against a team. Especially a parochial school that can accept anyone they wish to. Only 5 can play for a team at a time & kids (& their parents) want to play. It will be interesting to see if there's any fallout. Meanwhile with Lay coming back to Walton and combining him with Clinkenbeard & the incoming freshman class, watch out for WV in a couple of years. Good luck Austin.[/quote']

Austin is a very nice player and will thrive at WV.

There will be no fallout at CCH.

Had a chance to finally see Brennan Hall at the NextupRecruits Exposure Camp yesterday...kid can play and I instantly became a fan after watching him play several games against virtually any and every top kid in the state that you can name for '16, '17, '18, and '19.

Really good event and he more than held his own at both ends. Strong will the ball, attacks the rim hard,finishing through contact, great body control, and showed a decent jumper.

I think he is the best true point guard class of 2018 point guard in NKY. He gets his points but more importantly he makes everyone else better with his passes and court awareness.

I understand Austin Lay has transferred back to Walton. It will interesting to see what happens at Cov Cath. Success can bring success, but sometimes it can work against a team. Especially a parochial school that can accept anyone they wish to. Only 5 can play for a team at a time & kids (& their parents) want to play. It will be interesting to see if there's any fallout. Meanwhile with Lay coming back to Walton and combining him with Clinkenbeard & the incoming freshman class, watch out for WV in a couple of years. Good luck Austin.

Seemed like a very nice young man in the few times I spoke with him. As you and many others have alluded to, the numbers are what they are and for many, the lack of PT and opportunities will send them elsewhere. I wish him well and hope he finds what it is he is looking for.

Seemed like a very nice young man in the few times I spoke with him. As you and many others have alluded to, the numbers are what they are and for many, the lack of PT and opportunities will send them elsewhere. I wish him well and hope he finds what it is he is looking for.

Austin is a great kid. Glad to have him back at WV.

AJ Mayer is a very nice player for the Covington Catholic Colonels.

He is, indeed. Strong, strong rebounder. Just goes and gets the ball. Plays hard. Offensive game is getting better from the perimeter. He'll make plays.