Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

This is Title IX STUPIDITY

Featured Replies

Problem with #2 is that you get to a point where you can't add anymore sports because you don't have enough kids to play it. This is especially true at a small school.

Wasn't there a story from a few years ago where a school had to disband some or most of their male sports programs because they couldn't get very many girls to come out for the various female teams.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Title 9 has done some good, creating opportunities for girls that didn't previously exist, and also making sure their sports programs get the fair treatment they deserve. As a father who has a daughter that played sports, I appreciate that. However, I hate that boys programs sometimes get shafted because of Title 9. I've seen baseball and wrestling (two sports both myself and my kids are involved in) get cut at the college level, in part, due to Title 9. And in this case, policy clearly got in the way of common sense.

 

I'm not sure that Title 9 has outlived it's usefullness...I wouldn't go that far. But certainly, when Boys programs get hurt or affected, at least a review is needed.

 

 

Good post. Title IX gave my daughter opportunities that I never had. I think the key word is opportunity. The girls team likely had the opportunity to get their own shed or even share the boys, but chose not to. They didn't seem to have a problem with it. Boys and girls should have the same opportunities but not be forced to comply or else.

I wonder why the parents of the boys didn't offer to let the girls store things there as well.

 

I remember a similar discussion about this on BGP a. A coach for a boys team bought himself a small refrigerator for his office. He had to take it out because the girls coach didn't have one.

Wasn't there a story from a few years ago where a school had to disband some or most of their male sports programs because they couldn't get very many girls to come out for the various female teams.

 

That happens at the HS and college level

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.