Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

TPP Fast track vote - McConnel/Obama vs Reid

Featured Replies

Senate sets first vote on fast-track trade bill Tuesday | Reuters

 

The U.S. Senate will begin debate next week on legislation granting President Barack Obama "fast-track" negotiating authority key to completing a sweeping Pacific trade pact, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said on Thursday.

 

 

McConnell, the chamber's top Republican, set a procedural vote for Tuesday that will provide an initial test of the Senate's support for the Trade Promotion Authority legislation that many of Obama's fellow Democrats oppose.

 

Also...

 

President Obama, Senate Majority Leader, Mitch McConnell, TPP, Trans-Pacific Partnership, Partnership, "Fast-Track", Trade, Trade Bill

 

McConnell is reportedly backing the legislation, which will give Obama trade negotiation authority and ultimately help Obama pass the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), reports Bloomberg Politics.

If the left hates it that probably means I should like it but Obama supports it so I'm suspicious since I don't trust him at all.

  • Author
Is this the bill where Obama claims Elizabeth Warren is wrong?

 

Yes. Warren and anyone close to Unions are not happy at all with this.

The Dems. blocked Obama on this one in the senate today..

Is this the bill where Obama claims Elizabeth Warren is wrong?

 

Yep and now Sherrod Brown and NOW is claiming that Obama is a sexist for his comments saying Warren is wrong. I had to laugh at some libs calling the ultimate lib a sexist...

If the left hates it that probably means I should like it but Obama supports it so I'm suspicious since I don't trust him at all.

 

 

Make up your mind whether you're for it or against it so that I can take the opposite view.

Nah, I'd much rather see how a lefty handles it when his idol goes against the party and their benefactors (puppet masters).

  • Author

On try number 2 the House passed key measure that they defeated last week.

 

Nice head fake by house Repubs. (That is not a compliment)

From what I am hearing, I would vote no. Essentially, the bill ties our future on multiple fronts (economic, environmental, immigration, etc) to how other countries dictate. Why give up our sovereignty?..Sid note, it was related to the EEC bill. While it may seem silly, England had to ban fox hunting, part of their culture and history, because of the items in the treaty. When you don't know what is in the bill, why vote for it? Finally, if the jackwagon is for it, I am against it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.