Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Millions Paid to NFL for In-Game Soldier Salutes

Featured Replies

I have no issue at all with the money being spent. They spend millions and millions a year on advertising in the first place to find new recruits etc. This sends a positive message and I have no issue at all with it.

  • Author

I think the problem I and most have with it is that it is not clear that it was a paid for activity. When you see a commercial or even a NASCAR painted you assume it is paid for advertising. When the NFL teams salute a Hometown Hero you think they are doing it because they care .......not because they were paid to do it. Maybe if they announced, "The Hometown Hero between quarters show is brought to you by the National Guard" then I would not have a problem with it.

I think the problem I and most have with it is that it is not clear that it was a paid for activity. When you see a commercial or even a NASCAR painted you assume it is paid for advertising. When the NFL teams salute a Hometown Hero you think they are doing it because they care .......not because they were paid to do it. Maybe if they announced, "The Hometown Hero between quarters show is brought to you by the National Guard" then I would not have a problem with it.

 

TOTALLY agree with this post.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.