ESPN's Prophetic Rondo Article Published On 4/8

That is an informative article. I did not know Rondo was so smart. Thanks for posting it. I wonder what the future holds for him now?

Thanks. I read it earlier and thought of it last night, and it re-read it. Definitely kind of a prophetic story.

I think Rondo is off to Los Angeles or New York and that the whole thing surrounding him in Dallas is more of a sign that Rick Carlisle was a coach who couldn't handle him and less of an indictment of Rondo not wanting to win and just cashing his checks.

He's obviously not an easy guy to "get", but, IMO, some of the biggest problems happen when he's with guys who he doesn't perceive as playing at and wanting to win at his level.

Looking at Monta Ellis and reading that article, you can see how those two were a disaster to pair together.

I pray the Lakers just let Rondo fade away never to be heard from again. Sadly he'll probably be the starting PG for LA next year.

You must be more of a Jeremy Lin guy. Put Rondo with some bigger alphas like Kobe and Randle who compare to the personalities of Pierce and Garnett and you'll see him thrive. It might be all whatever to compare a young Randle to those guys, I'm just talking about him in terms of the attitude of being the big dog on the block.

The biggest asset to Rondo in LA is Kobe. Rondo and Kobe strike me as kindred spirits. Both probably think they are the smartest guy in the room. Both think through a basketball game at a high level. Both burn to win. The only question is can Byron Scott handle both Kobe AND Rondo?

After reading this, I am convinced that Rondo to the Knicks would be a dumpster fire.

The biggest asset to Rondo in LA is Kobe. Rondo and Kobe strike me as kindred spirits. Both probably think they are the smartest guy in the room. Both think through a basketball game at a high level. Both burn to win. The only question is can Byron Scott handle both Kobe AND Rondo?

After reading this, I am convinced that Rondo to the Knicks would be a dumpster fire.

If Phil took him on as a personal project, I see no one that the Zen Master couldn't tame.

If Phil took him on as a personal project, I see no one that the Zen Master couldn't tame.

If Phil were coaching, you would have a valid point. Derek Fisher would have to mesh with Rondo and I'm not sure how that would work with Fish in his second year. I also think Rondo and Carmelo are not a hand in glove fit.

If Phil were coaching, you would have a valid point. Derek Fisher would have to mesh with Rondo and I'm not sure how that would work with Fish in his second year. I also think Rondo and Carmelo are not a hand in glove fit.

Know Fish is the coach, but Phil is the guy pulling all the strings. I could see him taking on Rondo and keeping his mind so busy with Zen that he keeps him engaged and has his mind off of whatever has him so hot on the floor. I know Phil was big on giving his guys summer reading and things like that and that he used a general 7:3 ratio of build-up vs. criticism to keep his players from getting numb to hearing all the critique all the time, that way it stung more when you actually critiqued someone. He's probably had some far more difficult personalities than Rondo. His age could be a good thing, as Rondo seemed to defer to guys with seniority, and there's no questioning Phil's qualifications. I'm sure Phil wouldn't let Fisher sign him unless he thought it'd work.

Know Fish is the coach, but Phil is the guy pulling all the strings. I could see him taking on Rondo and keeping his mind so busy with these kind Zen or even Socratic and Platonic thoughts that he keeps him engaged and has his mind off of whatever has him so hot on the floor. I know Phil was big on giving his guys summer reading and things like that and that he used a general 7:3 ratio of build-up vs. criticism to keep his players from getting numb to hearing all the critique all the time, that way it stung more when you actually critiqued someone.

I can't see a scenario were it is a good idea for an enigmatic player to develop a personal relationship with the GM knowing there is potential that the same player could develop an antagonistic relationship with either your head coach, star player or both.

Phil mentoring Rondo in the way you describe only works if Phil is the coach.

You must be more of a Jeremy Lin guy. Put Rondo with some bigger alphas like Kobe and Randle who compare to the personalities of Pierce and Garnett and you'll see him thrive. It might be all whatever to compare a young Randle to those guys, I'm just talking about him in terms of the attitude of being the big dog on the block.

Rondo and Lin can both fade away. The Lakers need to focus on the future of Jordan Clarkson. Rondo is a headache and he's done. Kobe is just about done. Bringing in Rondo does nothing but ruin any chance at Westbrook in 2017. No way Rondo is going to pay attention to anything Randle says.

Rondo anywhere is a dumpster fire. He could have saved the Mavericks season. Instead he ruined it.