Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Better Freshmen Trio?

Who was the better Freshmen Trio? 19 members have voted

  1. 1. Who was the better Freshmen Trio?

    • 2012 Kentucky - Davis, Kidd-Gilchrist, and Teague
      63%
    • 2015 Duke - Okafor, Winslow, and Jones
      36%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Davis is better than the other 5 combined...

I like the 2012 guys better. I genuinely believe that MKG was better in 2012 than Justice Winslow was this year- that is really the deciding factor for me and most others, I imagine.

I like the 2012 guys better. I genuinely believe that MKG was better in 2012 than Justice Winslow was this year- that is really the deciding factor for me and most others, I imagine.

 

MKG wasn't the offensive threat that Winslow is/was this season. Winslow scores at all three levels with consistency (49% FG, 42%3FG).

 

MKG could score going to the rim but you could sag off him and let him shoot all day. Not the case with Winslow. MKG has made a living off how great he is defensively. Winslow isn't that far behind him in that category.

 

MKG was likely a little more mature at the same stage in their career but overall I'd take Winslow. I don't expect most UK fans to agree with me on that.

MKG wasn't the offensive threat that Winslow is/was this season. Winslow scores at all three levels with consistency (49% FG, 42%3FG).

 

MKG could score going to the rim but you could sag off him and let him shoot all day. Not the case with Winslow. MKG has made a living off how great he is defensively. Winslow isn't that far behind him in that category.

 

MKG was likely a little more mature at the same stage in their career but overall I'd take Winslow. I don't expect most UK fans to agree with me on that.

 

MKG is a worse 3 point shooter but he was a better leader. 2nd team All American, better rebounder and a more versatile defender, IMO- he was the number 2 pick in the draft and a solid player.

MKG is a worse 3 point shooter but he was a better leader. 2nd team All American, better rebounder and a more versatile defender, IMO- he was the number 2 pick in the draft and a solid player.

 

How much did you watch Winslow this year??? He defends multiple positions every game...much like MKG did...and held Dekker (who tore UK up) in check last night while also having to defend the post at times with Okafor in foul trouble.

 

MKG averaged less than a rebound per game more than Winslow (7.4>6.5) so the rebounding numbers are pretty similar as well.

How much did you watch Winslow this year??? He defends multiple positions every game...much like MKG did...and held Dekker (who tore UK up) in check last night while also having to defend the post at times with Okafor in foul trouble.

 

MKG averaged less than a rebound per game more than Winslow (7.4>6.5) so the rebounding numbers are pretty similar as well.

 

I watched both plenty. In fact, I have been coaching in Texas the past 7 years. I bet that I have seen more of Justise Winslow than most on this sight. I saw him at St. John's School and I have seen him plenty this season.

 

Reasonable minds can disagree.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.