Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 11 Bishop Brossart 1

Featured Replies

The Birds get back on track with a win on, should we say, chilly evening. Pounding out 9 hits, Graybill 2-3 2b, 3b and Dutcher 3-3, 2-2b 4 rbi leading the charge. Spencer had a nice game in the circle with 4Ks against 2 BBs and only one earned run. I could not make this event but I understand the "extra deep" fences kept Graybill from adding to her HR total with 3 bombs just short of the fence.

 

I guess early doom and gloom for this team might have been a little premature. Or maybe they are just a crappy weather team. Good luck to the Birds on another chilly morning today..

Not taking anything away from the Birds, but Brossart played the worst game I have seen them play. I lost count on the walks my DD threw, she said she couldn't feel her finger tips. I would like to see these two teams go at it on better conditions. Congrats to the Birds

Those conditions were just awful for softball last night. BBHS still has to make plays defensively and not give extra outs in an inning. Conditions were the same for both teams but I don't know how they kept their hands warm. Good win for the Birds as they played much better through the elements. Both teams are much better in warmer weather. Graybill's bombs were impressive with the wind blowing in.

I hear the field hadn't been worked on this morning so none of the games were able to be played and most teams bagged it and went home and are not coming back.

  • Author

Yep frozen it was and when it did start to thaw a bit it became mud. Hate it for the teams that travelled in but again, this is the Pete Noll. Good weather and dry fields and the name would have to change.

My understanding is teams were told if they waited around for four hours or so the fields would be dry enough to play. The teams (or atleast a few) said heck no to that and left.

Games got off about 1:30 this afternoon. Weather cooperated fairly well. Some good softball this afternoon.

After working on the field first pitch was 1:15 and I believe 5 games were played. Grounds crew did a nice job getting it ready !!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.