Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Google Chromecast

Featured Replies

Anyone own one ?

 

Looking for something to stream Netflix and ESPN3 from my laptop to a television when I'm on vacation or at work (mainly when I'm at work:lol2:)

 

Pros and cons ?

Anything in the same price range that is a better option ?

  • Replies 31
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had it a year ago. Couldn't get it to work with my Apple products.

 

Spend another $60 and get a Roku 3. That way you do not have to "cast" from your laptop, computer, or tablet.

 

A lot easier.

I was all about my Chromecast... until I just got an Amazon Fire Stick.

 

Still, the Chromecast always worked great with Netflix and ESPN3. No complaints from me on those two applications.

I was all about my Chromecast... until I just got an Amazon Fire Stick.

 

Still, the Chromecast always worked great with Netflix and ESPN3. No complaints from me on those two applications.

 

What device did you pair it with?

What device did you pair it with?

 

iPhone 4 and then the 6 Plus I have now.

  • Author
I had it a year ago. Couldn't get it to work with my Apple products.

 

Spend another $60 and get a Roku 3. That way you do not have to "cast" from your laptop, computer, or tablet.

 

A lot easier.

 

Thanks.

 

The Roku is basically a stand alone streaming device ? Hook it up to the tv, connect it to my wireless internet and go ?

 

Does it have a web browser ? I know it works in some ways with your phone. Could you project websites on your tv from your phone or laptop ?

  • Author
I was all about my Chromecast... until I just got an Amazon Fire Stick.

 

Still, the Chromecast always worked great with Netflix and ESPN3. No complaints from me on those two applications.

 

What are the differences between the Chromecast and the Fire Stick ?

Thanks.

 

The Roku is basically a stand alone streaming device ? Hook it up to the tv, connect it to my wireless internet and go ?

 

Does it have a web browser ? I know it works in some ways with your phone. Could you project websites on your tv from your phone or laptop ?

 

The advantage of Chromecast is that you can cast whatever you pull up on your device.

 

Apps like Roku do not allow that. They have apps to various services - HBO Go, Netflix, Pandora, Youtube, Showtime, etc.

  • Author
The advantage of Chromecast is that you can cast whatever you pull up on your device.

 

Apps like Roku do not allow that. They have apps to various services - HBO Go, Netflix, Pandora, Youtube, Showtime, etc.

 

Ok, so that would be a no on pulling up various websites from my phone or computer and casting them on my television ?

Ok, so that would be a no on pulling up various websites from my phone or computer and casting them on my television ?

 

Correct.

Had a Chromecast for a while do not use it a lot as i now have a smart TV.

 

However the TV could not show the Sweet 16 games from the KHSAA so i used chrome cast from my ipad worked great.

  • Author
Correct.

 

One last question about the Roku.

 

Do you prefer it because it's easier to use than the Chromcast ? Basically eliminating the laptop or tablet from the equation and simply streaming from the device alone...

 

Or is it a quality issue ? Are the streaming qualities of the Roku and Chromecast similar ?

One last question about the Roku.

 

Do you prefer it because it's easier to use than the Chromcast ? Basically eliminating the laptop or tablet from the equation and simply streaming from the device alone...

 

Or is it a quality issue ? Are the streaming qualities of the Roku and Chromecast similar ?

 

Ease of use. Has apps that I want to view/listen to.

 

I cannot answer the quality issue for Chromecast. I just know Roku worked from the second I hooked it up and I don't have to have another device involved. Well worth the $90.

What are the differences between the Chromecast and the Fire Stick ?

 

If you're looking to stream from your laptop, the Chromecast is the way to go. To my knowledge, the Fire Stick does not have that feature. It's similar to the Roku box in that all the apps are self-contained and do not require streaming from another device. I like the Fire Stick because now I can access all the Amazon Prime video there instead of on my computer.

 

If you're going to cast from your computer, I've had success with both my Dell laptop and my Apple desktop. It's not the greatest thing to deal with sometimes, but I've never had a significant problem with it.

I have 2 Roku's and a chromecast. I use the roku's far more than the chromecast. The only thing the chromecast would be good for is stream your laptop. And not everything on your laptop can be cast.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.