Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Deuce, you're in their sights

Featured Replies

Wayniacs rally behind Blackshear

 

I had no clue he was closing in on 1,000. I hope he has a huge game today and beyond, and I've been rather harsh on him as well (although nowhere near Deucian levels).

  • Author

Deuce must be laying low these days to avoid detection by this bunch.

I like that there are about a dozen of them :lol2:

Deuce can swing a stick and hit more people than that in his Haters group!

Deuce will be with us shortly. He is presently chiseling the right cheek of Wayne Blackshear at the UL Mount Rushmore location outside the YUM Center.

:lol2: You guys are funny. Don't know how I missed this thread.

 

Even more funny, I "know" the Mary Robinson from the article from Twitter. We have followed each other for quite a while, being avid Cards' fans. She loves her some Wayne, and she has seen my many rants about him.

 

I've never thought he was a bad kid, quite the opposite actually. I can admit that part of my criticism towards him stems from me buying into the hype coming out of high school. He's made a couple big plays and had a few nice games recently, but that doesn't change the overall body of work for me. Over the years we've needed him in many more spots than he's shown up for, and it's always left a bitter taste in my mouth. His 1,000 point accomplishment is one he should be proud of, even if 900 of them came against mid-majors. :D

I like that there are about a dozen of them :lol2:

Deuce can swing a stick and hit more people than that in his Haters group!

 

I'm sayin! :lol2:

As posted in the game summary thread, Blackshear never experienced anything less than a Sweet 16. In 4 yrs., he never missed the tourney and never lost the 1st weekend. Other than the UCLA teams and Laettner's group (that did the same thing except Final 4s instead of Sweet 16s!!!), I wonder how many NCAA players have done that (or will do it in the future based on the 1 & done population).

 

I have been a detractor as well, but I think that was because of the expectations. When you look back at his career at UofL, it will rank up there with some of the very good players we remember more fondly. Now, of course, if he wants to add a Final 4 or a championship to that record, I am happy to eat crow all day long!!! :)

:lol2: You guys are funny. Don't know how I missed this thread.

 

Even more funny, I "know" the Mary Robinson from the article from Twitter. We have followed each other for quite a while, being avid Cards' fans. She loves her some Wayne, and she has seen my many rants about him.

 

I've never thought he was a bad kid, quite the opposite actually. I can admit that part of my criticism towards him stems from me buying into the hype coming out of high school. He's made a couple big plays and had a few nice games recently, but that doesn't change the overall body of work for me. Over the years we've needed him in many more spots than he's shown up for, and it's always left a bitter taste in my mouth. His 1,000 point accomplishment is one he should be proud of, even if 900 of them came against mid-majors. :D

 

He won Illinois Mr. Basketball over Anthony Davis...Kid was doomed from the start. :lol2:

  • Author
He won Illinois Mr. Basketball over Anthony Davis...Kid was doomed from the start. :lol2:

 

He and Sam Bowie could have a chat about some things.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.