San Diego Vacation

4pointplay

Heading to San Diego in July for the family vacation! Have never previously visited there?

Have free room and board from relatives living out there but have no idea what to do once we get out there!

Other than earmarking a day for the San Diego Zoo nothing is written in stone? Kind of a foodie so love to try different restaurants when we travel?

BGP'ers what is there to do in San Diego? Where to eat? etc......

Visit the Gas Lamp District downtown for dinner one night. There is an Aircraft Carrier you can tour. Old Town is nice to visit, Coronado, Petco Park(I took a tour of the baseball stadium that was nice)....San Diego is awesome. Whatever you do, don't go to Tijuana!

Get to La Jolla which is close.

Assuming you have a car go to Dana Point which is about 90 minutes south.

Gaslamp district is nice for entertainment.

No doubt about it, La Jolla is one of the prettiest spots in our beautiful country.

Clyde, I like you Dana Point/Laguna Beach recommendation except it is about 90 minutes NORTH up I-5. 90 miles south will put them well into Mexico. :)

No doubt about it, La Jolla is one of the prettiest spots in our beautiful country.

Clyde, I like you Dana Point/Laguna Beach recommendation except it is about 90 minutes NORTH up I-5. 90 miles south will put them well into Mexico. :)

You're right. Should have remembered I drove down from LA to it.

I went to Mass there one Sunday. Front of the church was all glass and it overlooked the ocean. Beautiful.