Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Corbin 6 Whitley Co. 4

Featured Replies

Corbin beat Whitley 6-4 in the opening game as Hamlin went the distance and then won again by the same score in the second game behind the pitching of Henson and Hedrick. Cashen had the big blow of the game with a grand slam that gave Corbin a 4-3 lead that they held on to.

 

Corbin and South Laurel remain tied for first in the district race with 3-1 records with Whitley in third with a 2-2 mark and Williamsburg at 0-4.

Corbin beat Whitley 6-4 in the opening game as Hamlin went the distance and then won again by the same score in the second game behind the pitching of Henson and Hedrick. Cashen had the big blow of the game with a grand slam that gave Corbin a 4-3 lead that they held on to.

 

Corbin and South Laurel remain tied for first in the district race with 3-1 records with Whitley in third with a 2-2 mark and Williamsburg at 0-4.

 

This is a big pair of wins for the Hounds. I thought that Whitley would split with Corbin or win both. Corbin needed this, especially in district play to get themselves back on track after a rough start to the season.

A play or two on defense for Whitley was the turning point of the first game. It should have ended 4-2 Whitley. Defense has plagued the Colonels all season. They have beaten themselves in every loss they have.

Good job Corbin. Maybe Whitley can get 'em next time.

Whitley had played 4 games in the 4 days before this game including one against region foe Middlesboro. I'm sure fresh pitching played a key role in how this pair of games turned out.

  • Author
Whitley had played 4 games in the 4 days before this game including one against region foe Middlesboro. I'm sure fresh pitching played a key role in how this pair of games turned out.

 

If this is true(which I doubt), then I would say that Whitley with five coaches on the payroll, is not getting their money's worth. These two losses will leave Whitley as the #3 seed in the district unless they can sweep South Laurel, so surely more emphasis would be placed on these games which would have put them in the driver's seat for the district title with a sweep.

I wouldn't doubt it too much. Wouldn't you agree that it is very difficult to win games against quality opponents without throwing any of your solid pitchers.

 

I know Shelley pitched against Middlesboro on Saturday. I don't know who pitched against PCC the night before but I know they had a better pitcher on the mound, a righty, throwing low 80s. (80-81)

This was the same comments that the people in Whitley made last year, when Corbin beat Whitley.

No, pitching was not a factor. Whitley used the best 2 on the team. We just lost.

 

Is 13th analyst "Whitley people?" I am "Whitley people" and I said good job Corbin.

 

Corbin may play Whitley again this year so go easy on all the "Redhound arrogance."

  • Author
No, pitching was not a factor. Whitley used the best 2 on the team. We just lost.

 

Is 13th analyst "Whitley people?" I am "Whitley people" and I said good job Corbin.

 

Corbin may play Whitley again this year so go easy on all the "Redhound arrogance."

 

You gave credit where credit was due with no excuses mentioned, plus you are right that they may meet again when the stakes are even higher, and there is not much difference between these two teams.:thumb:

 

I believe that 13th Analyst is a M'boro fan(or at least used to be)and UKBell14 is a combo Bell Co/South Laurel fan.

Whitley just seems to blow each game with Corbin. If the game is close Whitley will find a way to loss the game. They choke.

Whitley just seems to blow each game with Corbin. If the game is close Whitley will find a way to loss the game. They choke.

true, true.

Listen, Whitley had a few miss handled ground balls that was the difference in the first game. Second game Coach Smith got tossed over a bad call that cost the Colonels 2 runs. Both game were close and could have been won by either team. I have not heard one Colonel player , coach or fan make any excuses. Two good games and Whitley came out on the bad end.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.