Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Weight Meet at Raceland 2-28-15

Featured Replies

Lewis County was there but only brought 2 lifters. Still placed 7th out of 14 schools. Dalton Stamm won the 245 lb weight class and the overall heavy lifter award.

I know Jerome Hall and Caden Townshend both squatted 500+. Raceland won overall and Dalton Stamm won the most weight lifted combine with 1440.

Edited by Little Ram

Greenup finished second. Cade Warnock won the 175 class with 1010 lbs. Jake Wright won 155 class, and Greg potter won 145 class. Had many other kids place.

I know a lot of people enjoy these weight meets but to be honest in a lot of cases winning weight meets just doesn't translate to winning football games.

I know a lot of people enjoy these weight meets but to be honest in a lot of cases winning weight meets just doesn't translate to winning football games.

 

Raceland has hosted this weight meets for, I believe 7 or 8 years. Ram can confirm this. Raceland has also won it 6 or 7 times. I believe Scott County came in one year and won the meet by one point. However, I believe it does. Strength goes a long way on the football field. I honestly didn't think it did for a long time, but I have established a new opinion on it and it does. Greenup won some games this past year and I was happy for them to get back on the right track and now they are winning some weight classes. That is good to see! It does translate to wins.

Raceland has hosted this weight meets for, I believe 7 or 8 years. Ram can confirm this. Raceland has also won it 6 or 7 times. I believe Scott County came in one year and won the meet by one point. However, I believe it does. Strength goes a long way on the football field. I honestly didn't think it did for a long time, but I have established a new opinion on it and it does. Greenup won some games this past year and I was happy for them to get back on the right track and now they are winning some weight classes. That is good to see! It does translate to wins.

 

Like I said it doesn't ALWAYS translate. Yes strength does play a big part in football but I think functional strength is what is most important and a lot of times that's not emphasized in these meets.

Like I said it doesn't ALWAYS translate. Yes strength does play a big part in football but I think functional strength is what is most important and a lot of times that's not emphasized in these meets.

 

I will agree to that. There are two different strengths in my books. Weight strength and field strength. I've seen guys throw other people around that are much heavier and bigger than them on the field but bench a third of their body weight.

Anyone have a list of schools that participated this year? Also, congrats to the Rams on winning it again, they seem to have a great strength and conditioning program.

Raceland has hosted this weight meets for, I believe 7 or 8 years. Ram can confirm this. Raceland has also won it 6 or 7 times. I believe Scott County came in one year and won the meet by one point. However, I believe it does. Strength goes a long way on the football field. I honestly didn't think it did for a long time, but I have established a new opinion on it and it does. Greenup won some games this past year and I was happy for them to get back on the right track and now they are winning some weight classes. That is good to see! It does translate to wins.
Wheelersburg won last year.
Anyone have a list of schools that participated this year? Also, congrats to the Rams on winning it again, they seem to have a great strength and conditioning program.
Raceland, Greenup, Russell, Johnson Central, Betsy Layne, Wheelersburg, Lewis, Boyd, West Carter.
Wheelersburg won last year.

 

You are correct. I honestly forgot about Wheelersburg last year. They had a strong showing last year.

  • Author

I was there and filmed the awards. I was surprised that JC did not do as well. I do know they had a strong power lifter that only competed in the Bench because of just recently having knee surgery.

I was there and filmed the awards. I was surprised that JC did not do as well. I do know they had a strong power lifter that only competed in the Bench because of just recently having knee surgery.

 

Great video. Thanks for sharing!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.