Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

7th Region- Contenders for Regions

Who you got? 29 members have voted

  1. 1. Who you got?

    • Ballard
      27%
    • Eastern
      3%
    • Waggener
      3%
    • Manual
      10%
    • Male
      0%
      0
    • St. X
      0%
      0
    • Central
      17%
    • Trinity
      37%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Favorites:

Ballard

Trinity

 

Contenders:

Manual

Central

 

Dark Horses:

St. X

Eastern

 

Long Shots:

Waggener

Male

  • Replies 31
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Favorites:

Ballard

Trinity

 

Contenders:

Manual

Central

 

Dark Horses:

St. X

Eastern

 

Long Shots:

Waggener

Male

 

I don't see Ballard beating Trinity, the Rocks have too much length. Male has no shot, Waggener is 1 and done. I could see St. X. winning it if Trinity stumbles, maybe Manual if a lot of things go right. I love Central but they have no concept of how to close out games and just too short inside.

If Trinity brings their "A" game, to EVERY game they will be headed to Rupp. They must play team ball- EVERY one has to step up and play their role.

I don't see Ballard beating Trinity, the Rocks have too much length. Male has no shot, Waggener is 1 and done. I could see St. X. winning it if Trinity stumbles, maybe Manual if a lot of things go right. I love Central but they have no concept of how to close out games and just too short inside.

 

It may not be fair cause one game is a small sample, but I watched both Waggener & St. X play a common opponent, Fern Creek. The contrast of the respective results when each team played Fern Creek makes me question the Waggener comment about one and done and then St. X as a possible Region 6 winner. Waggener beat FC by 2 and St. X lost by double digits. Unless those games were flukes, I see a very close game that either team could win when they play in round 1. Granted St. X beat Waggener by 10 about 30 days ago, but I see two teams that either could win that initial game.

It may not be fair cause one game is a small sample, but I watched both Waggener & St. X play a common opponent, Fern Creek. The contrast of the respective results when each team played Fern Creek makes me question the Waggener comment about one and done and then St. X as a possible Region 6 winner. Waggener beat FC by 2 and St. X lost by double digits. Unless those games were flukes, I see a very close game that either team could win when they play in round 1. Granted St. X beat Waggener by 10 about 30 days ago, but I see two teams that either could win that initial game.

 

I think your inclination is probably right. I wasn't there and haven't seen Waggener at all this year, but I believe Jalaam Hill did not play in that game against St. X and I'm sure he and his 14 points per game were sorely missed.

Getslow, will there be a 7th region tourney preview?

Getslow, will there be a 7th region tourney preview?

 

I'm trying.

 

Things have been insane at work and I haven't been to a high school game since early January.

 

If I can get it together enough that I feel like I'm not just making things up, I really would like to have one.

I'm trying.

 

Things have been insane at work and I haven't been to a high school game since early January.

 

If I can get it together enough that I feel like I'm not just making things up, I really would like to have one.

 

Ok sir.

You don't need a big to pull him out. You can pull him out for a pick and roll to get him away from the basket. Ballard can run pick and roll with Wilson/Douglas, Eaves/Douglas, Perry/Douglas to pull Ray away from the basket all day. I personally would take the Perry/Douglas pick and roll all day with Ray 1 on 1 on the perimeter against JP.

 

1. Whose to say they would switch and in the instance they did I would feel comfortable with Perry shooting a jump shot over a 6'9 player with a 7'5 wingspan.

1. Whose to say they would switch and in the instance they did I would feel comfortable with Perry shooting a jump shot over a 6'9 player with a 7'5 wingspan.

 

Perry would blow by him and then dunk and then blow a kiss to his mom as he got back on defense.

Perry would blow by him and then dunk and then blow a kiss to his mom as he got back on defense.

 

:lol: right.

It may not be fair cause one game is a small sample, but I watched both Waggener & St. X play a common opponent, Fern Creek. The contrast of the respective results when each team played Fern Creek makes me question the Waggener comment about one and done and then St. X as a possible Region 6 winner. Waggener beat FC by 2 and St. X lost by double digits. Unless those games were flukes, I see a very close game that either team could win when they play in round 1. Granted St. X beat Waggener by 10 about 30 days ago, but I see two teams that either could win that initial game.

 

Of course Waggener can Beat St X. That is a homer talking.

Of course Waggener can Beat St X. That is a homer talking.

 

I also think Waggener is more than capable. If Kirby is back theyre hard to defend inside. (6-7, 6-6,6-5) The sophomore guard is really good also. Sure St. X can shoot...but they will have problems with Waggeners height. If Jaalim Hill scores 15 or more- look out.

I also think Waggener is more than capable. If Kirby is back theyre hard to defend inside. (6-7, 6-6,6-5) The sophomore guard is really good also. Sure St. X can shoot...but they will have problems with Waggeners height. If Jaalim Hill scores 15 or more- look out.

 

Kirby will not play this week, the Soph. guard Hobbs is out the season. Hobbs played in the first match up and is a game changer for WaggenerKirby Kirby played the first time around but Hill did not, so Waggener has Hill tonight but not the two others. Waggener is not deep at all and I think the injuries are too much for them to overcome.

I'm trying.

 

Things have been insane at work and I haven't been to a high school game since early January.

 

If I can get it together enough that I feel like I'm not just making things up, I really would like to have one.

I guess your workload has picked up with the Heavy Hitter on the mend? :banana:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.