Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dear 2WD truck owners

Featured Replies

Best purchase I ever made was my 4x4

 

I've had 1 2wd truck and 3 4wd trucks. Will never buy another 2wd.

My 4x4 Silverado is still parked in the garage...thought about putting some blocks in the back and taking it out...decided we didn't have enough snow

I have owned no fewer than four 2wd trucks. They are absolutely the worst vehicles on snow. And putting a baby grand piano in the back, while making it better they are still horrible. When there is snow on the ground, my Ranger doesn't move.

I have owned no fewer than four 2wd trucks. They are absolutely the worst vehicles on snow. And putting a baby grand piano in the back, while making it better they are still horrible. When there is snow on the ground, my Ranger doesn't move.

 

RWD vehicles in general suck monkey butt in the snow and ice. My last vehicle was an Explorer and it was terrible until I put it in 4X4.

 

AWD vehicles do well in this stuff - better than 4WD with the 4WD engaged and more stable even in icy conditions - though nothing does 'well' in icy conditions. 4WD can help in snowy conditions.

 

In your opinion why do awd vehicles do better than 4wd vehicles? I've driven both and my opinion 4wd is superior in my opinion if it has a full set of 4wd options. 4 wheel low is a huge asset if you have to navigate down a steep hill or driveway, you don't even need to touch the brakes in most instances.

Wish me luck today! I'll be leaving in a few hours to make it to the resort. I will be taking my Camry. Now, the luck isn't for the whole trip. I just need it to make it 1/4 mile to a paved road. :lol2:

 

I'm going to go ahead and wish you 1/2 mile of luck. That gives you an extra 1/4 mile in case of slick spots.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.