11th Region Regular Season Statistics

Good for Johnson for being in the discussion, but give Rose his due as a deserving winner of player of the year, with clear advantage in the stats.

I hope I didn't come off as not giving Rose his due. Matt is a nice player and, from everything I gather, an awesome young man. I just think Tanner deserves some recognition.

As always, I admit my bias to my former players. I was around Tanner a lot and still talk to him all the time so obviously I think he's the best player in the 11th.

Any coach will always promote their own kids. That's part of the job description.

I hope I didn't come off as not giving Rose his due. Matt is a nice player and, from everything I gather, an awesome young man. I just think Tanner deserves some recognition.

As always, I admit my bias to my former players. I was around Tanner a lot and still talk to him all the time so obviously I think he's the best player in the 11th.

Any coach will always promote their own kids. That's part of the job description.

All good, coach, hope I didn’t sound confrontational.

The Hoop Dreams program has managed to stay around as a multi-team program for a long time, not easy to do in AAU, or in a state like Kentucky. The Hoop Dreams training has long stood out as a model, keep up the good work.

Guest 11th insider

Nice cheap shot on a kid casual fan! If you look at Coach Q's comments not once did he disparage Rose in anyway. He was simply promoting one of his kids.Rose would get my vote for player of the year in the 11th region, he had a great year and is a great talent. Promote your kid, don't slam another.

Nice cheap shot on a kid casual fan! If you look at Coach Q's comments not once did he disparage Rose in anyway. He was simply promoting one of his kids.Rose would get my vote for player of the year in the 11th region, he had a great year and is a great talent. Promote your kid, don't slam another.

Well, you’re probably right. My intention was to sharply contrast clear statistical differences, but after a long day of pushing cars and shoveling snow and attending a game that night, I probably wasn’t alert enough to be posting, and obviously worded poorly and aggressively. Seldom do my best thinking or writing after midnight. My remarks might have been appropriate over a hot coffee or cold beer with a confidant, but were probably too harsh here in a public forum. Sincere apologies to you and the young man.